UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: truecom Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176840  
Subject: Re: Iraq Trends Date: 3/2/2007 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
JLC <<Think about it. Because al-Qada and their ilk do not have a navy nor air force (other than high jacked civilian planes).>>

I think we can agree that Iraq and Afganistan were two of the most impoverished nations in the world prior to the invasions. I think 165 nations are ranked and they were 162 and 164 most impoverished. We had a chance to attack China when they knocked down that P-3, but the CIC didn't have the guts invade anything but 3rd world powers. I considered both countries "unworthy" of our effort, but the CIC has even managed to screw up a "sure thing".

JLC <<(BS) You are the one that brought up the subject about having to serve to be able to comment on the war. Put up or shut up.>>

Wow, scary :-)

As I said, even if I were Jody, I could point out that those two branches reside on luxury facilities well out of harms way and know nothing of Ground Combat. Talking about "foxholes" and quoting "movie lines" are just the incentive needed to draw my attention. Combat is not a movie or sport and those who have never served there shouldn't imply that they are familiar with the situation, especially to bluff civilians.

I'm a Vietnam Regular Army Veteran and served there in 1972. In the past I have tried to fill in some other details, but that just draws an endless string of questions and demand for "war storys". My personal experiences are personal. A few times I told my life/death experiences to people and found them unworthy. The last thing I want is some rear echelon guy retelling my experiences as though they happened to him.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement