UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: uroman Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59  
Subject: Job delimma Date: 9/23/2006 6:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello all-

I posted some time ago re: starting a new medical practice. I did a bit of research, found out I can reasonably fund the new digs. Then, against the advice of my chairman, interviewed in a nearby rural area. Needless to say, they "backed up the Brinks" (-- Studio 60, good show). Now I have the option of going 300K up or 300K down in the first year. Assuming the promised salary is sustainable (no idea how to prove this one), the real delimma is that the locale that I am considering opening the new office in is really is not offering anything, except competition. I believe I can whip the competition given enough time (how much?), but would like to bounce the idea off the pros. Of course, the new office gives me the option to "be my own boss", while the big $$ promises a old (very old) partner (and only owner of the business, therefore my boss). Any thoughts?

UROMAN
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement