Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
During 2007 A guy graduates from dental school and looks into buying a practice. He pays a consulting firm $1,000 to research and help him make an offer. The deal falls through and he ends up going to work for an existing practice and has W2 income for 2007.

Can he deduct the $1,000?

(The only place I thought was maybe as part of a unreimbursed job expense on schedule A subject to 2%)

Thanks for the help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.