UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461388  
Subject: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 9:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Happy days are here again.

The economy is healed!

;-)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405336 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 9:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What's wrong with the economy?

There's virtually no inflation. Money is cheap as I've ever seen it.

The market is going throught the roof.

Household debt is still well above historical averages but that is an artifact of the housing bubble.

Income distribution which is skewed is merely a manifestation of free market capitalism at its best. Moreover, there is nothing inherent in capitalism that guarantees jobs for all. In fact free market capitalists think unemployment around 5%is ideal

I can't figure out your problem with the economy.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405338 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 9:23 AM
Recommendations: 6
As a matter of fact, in a country where 47% of the population refuses to take responsibility for themselves, 7.9% is a remarkable number.

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405342 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 10:22 AM
Recommendations: 1
As a matter of fact, in a country where 47% of the population refuses to take responsibility for themselves, 7.9% is a remarkable number.

Unnecessary political stab notwithstanding, I tend to agree. The US economy is very healthy. Health is disguised by a lot of toxic history that is still being unwound, and there are certainly huge swaths of people who have not enjoyed the economic rebound, but really opportunities abound for those who are nimble enough to seize them.

We will continue to see some skewed metrics just as there are probably a few million discouraged workers who will never return to the workforce. As always, peoples' expectations of how things should be - or how they were - don't really mesh with an optimistic reality.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405345 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 11:09 AM
Recommendations: 3
There's virtually no inflation. Money is cheap as I've ever seen it. ...I can't figure out your problem with the economy.

It's a ZIRP/QE cocaine-induced, price-manipulated, market-displaced, fundamentals-distorted hallucination. Other than that, it's all sunshine and rainbows.

;-)

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405346 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 11:14 AM
Unnecessary political stab notwithstanding

It is the foundational economic belief of the amn likely to be the economic leader of the world in 30 days. What's political about that?
TOP was taking a political shot.

As always, peoples' expectations of how things should be - or how they were - don't really mesh with an optimistic reality.

Yup. Being 66 years old I lived inthe era some people remember as the Garden of Eden. It wasn't. But for people with average to limited work skills it was much better. I believe there si a systemic problem with capitalism. Growth alone will not fix it.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405347 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 11:16 AM
It's a ZIRP/QE cocaine-induced, price-manipulated, market-displaced, fundamentals-distorted hallucination. Other than that, it's all sunshine and rainbows

Capitalist economies are always that.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405349 of 461388
Subject: Re: Jobs 114K Unemployment 7.9% Date: 10/5/2012 11:23 AM
Capitalist economies are always that.

Touche. You win.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement