No. of Recommendations: 0
Joel,

BBY was in the news this morning on their pulling out of Europe and bounced. So I was just charting the stock to see if that move had been anticipated.

In fact, as is obvious from the chart, an investor should have been into it months ago and already out, sitting on the sidelines. But the value of charting BBY as I did is this. Even a "weekend warrior" using weekly bars could have made the right moves. So the underlying doesn't matter. But the template does, which isn't to say it's the right template, or the only template that could have been used.

But as you well know from your own work and blogging, discarding the nonsense preached by TMF and moving toward an evidenced-based (rather than faith-based) approach to investing is a good first step. And 'investing" is just a short-hand way of saying 'gambling', because 'investing', trading' and 'speculating' are all 'gambling', which is a point I refuse to argue with you about, which isn't to say there aren't smart ways, and dumb ways, to do all four and professionals who can make a good living from any of the four.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement