UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: JAFO31 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Re: Any Advice? Date: 1/11/2005 7:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
JOETAB24: "I feel stupid for posting again."

I am not trying to make you feel stupid, nor do you appear stupid. Cross-posting is not even the end of the world, but for future reference, it is usually a good idea to note where you cross-posted (or note that you have made related posts and provide links).

"Being a novice, I guess I thought my question was different enough to post again."

You pays your money and makes your posts; plus I have no official status here. Your question, however, always seemed to be, should I pay off my 1.9% car loan?

"I guess I am overwhelmed by the abundance of opinions that exist on this site."

It can be overwhelming. I probably lurked for 6+ months before I ever posted. If you do not understand someone's response, follow-up questions are fine. Especially if the posters appear to want to engage a dialogue.

"Sorry if I already appear to have my mind made up, I do not."

No need to apologize; and I am glad to hear that you have not made up your mind.

"I am just trying to learn as much as possible."

Most of us are.

Most of the regulars are not paid to post here; and many read more than one board. As a result, it is a personal choice whether to respond (or not respond).

I cannot speak for all of them, but I certainly feel frustrated when essentially the same posts appears in multiple places without cross-reference, especially a few days apart and as if the earlier responses were not read. I, however, tend to ignore (without actually using the penalty box) those posters who intentionally frustrate me.

If you hang around for awhile and participate, you will develop a board personality and the regulars will respond accordingly.

I saw your newbie sign and do not want to scare you off, so I am responding in considerably more detail than I usually would.

Good luck, and BTW, congratulations on the expected birth!

Regards, JAFO

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement