Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
John,

I don't consider abortion clinics a credible source for preventing pregnancy - a bit of a conflict of interest. However, even if you accept 14% as the number who become pregnant the first year, consider that women can only get pregnant 3-4 days a month and you can deduce that the failure rate is likely four times higher. Multiply that by how many years of sexual activity and you can see how the risk increases over time. So, not every condom failure results in pregnancy, but the STD protection is lost also. Hardly "safe" sex, as they would have you believe. This is evident in the STD transmission numbers as well, but not everyone uses protection either. I'm sure everyone HERE does though, and always has.

I have never had an STD, neither has my wife. If we remain faithful to each other, we have eliminated all risk of STD transmission. Some STD's can lie dormant for years or decades, like AIDS and herpes, hepatitis C is undetectable for years, so a battery of tests does not guarantee purity. Abstinence does.

Jeffrey
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement