UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745052  
Subject: Re: The Groupie Channel Date: 10/18/2012 1:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
John Sununu is not just smart. He is one of those ultra-high IQ people. He's been officially tested to have an IQ of 1 in a million. His IQ is over 171. He's a member of the Mega High IQ Society. Only a handful of people are in that organization.

As a kid, my parents had my IQ tested. They have NEVER told me the results to this day (I'm 46 now).

Based upon results on standardized college entrance exams (PSAT, ACT, SAT, GRE); my IQ is likely above 99.9 percentile.

I have never bothered joining high IQ societies. I have never bothered getting an accurate assessment of my IQ. Neither seems all that important.

Besides, I know people who test very low on IQ tests who I consider "smart" . I also know people who would like get a higher IQ than me that I consider dumb.

I like associating with people that can look at a situation and develop a completely different but plausible assessment of what it means than I would.

For example, epona tests as a pretty normal IQ but a very high EQ (emotional quotient) intellect - this enables her to pick up on all sorts of things that I miss. This is one reason I like her :)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement