Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

My husband and I both receive W-2s from our jobs as musicians. We also receive several 1099 misc each per year, sometimes but not frequently from the same payer for the same event (ie. a chamber music concert). We have always filed two separate schedule c's, but I wonder if we can just combine our income and expenses as one business, with both of us contributing income. We wouldn't need to list two owners. Would that have to be a partnership and/or incorporation?

I am not figuring on changing anything about our tax liability, just trying to reduce paperwork.

Any ideas?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.