Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445713  
Subject: Jon Stewart Date: 1/17/2013 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 51
Good segment on NRA owned Congressmen Todd Tiahrt sneaking NRA sponsored legislation into the Patriot Act which made it impossible for the ATF to do its job, followed by Tiahrt and other NRA stooges saying that we don't need new laws, we need to leave it to the ATF to enforce existing laws:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jon-stewart-nra-atf-gun-contr...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416453 of 445713
Subject: Re: Jon Stewart Date: 1/18/2013 12:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 18
I'm SO glad you posted this jgc123.

I had recorded that show, and watched it a few hours ago. But my head is still spinning. HOW could Congress let this happen????

And the bigger question to me is does it matter WHAT new gun laws are passed? Won't the jerks who castrated the ATF do the same to any new legislation?

A month after the disaster in Newtown, there is still a big push for SOME action by federal and local governments. But won't we have to watch what happens over the ensuing months and years to make sure that the gun lobby doesn't undo any changes?

Jack

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement