Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Fuma102 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24974  
Subject: Re: biotech 2011 pitches & running list... Date: 12/24/2010 2:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Joseph,

curious what youre torn between, I'm in the same boat...

SQNM has legit potential for 2-3 bagging, at 8ish, but topped out around 25 at its previous most-hyped hype... No reason to think that it wont come close to that after it recently announced it plans on submitting data to the Journal of OBGYN. Negative data doesnt get published. And they are planning an larger trial that will probably have results announced Q3 next year. The hype monkey is going to be in full effect, including short squeezes. Expect concerns over the soon to be published trial using one illumina system and the yet to be completed trial using an updated illumina system. pay those concerns no mind.

IMGN was my baby, but Ive backed off it a bit. In talks with Heme / onc guys, they dont seem to think the side effects of the combination of the Herceptin and taxanes is that bad, and probably does not require an additional agent that reduces side effects (T-DM1). Ergo, the possibility of not being widespread adapted & royalties in the mid single digits isnt terribly impressive. Granted, this is a much larger than 2011 viewpoint, but I dont see the combination of 50 million in earnings and a half decent pipeline as a recipe for success - for biotech 2011. but then again, it was my discovery for a certain service. and i'm over it for the time being. not at current prices at least.

SGEN, on the other hand, I'm willing to play with. I've outlined this a few times.

GILD is another I'm contemplating. all the HIV meds belong to them. no, seriously. The interesting thing to be is the tobramycin / fosfomycin combo for COPD. Have to read more on this. Completely possible for a 30% bump this year, with much less risk than all of the above. did I mention a PE lower than Roche, Merck, and Pfizer? I managed to do well in 2009 and 2010 with an attempted homerun and a value play, GILD may well be it.

OPTR- still waiting for a solid pop.

stxs - still waiting for them to breaking single digit growth.

cbli- remains solid. just have not actually ran the numbers on sales yet.

INCY has gone kaboom, but may actually go higher. The first oral JAK inhibitor is clutch. Blood cancer with RA coming along- data in P2 for RA looks solid. Sarah, this should be on your ASCO watch list with any dips in early 2011. INCY has long term "this is huge" potential. With that said, I had sent an email to a few folks to watch INCY back in November. Looking at the chart, the run up prior to the rheumatology conference was ~2 months before hand.

.... hmmmm.

SQNM and... GILD? INCY? SGEN?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement