Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: QuillandPenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 580  
Subject: Re: decreasing price Date: 2/28/2001 1:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Joysmoney,

Sorry for the delay. My rug rats have the Cookies turned off and I can't get to the Motley Fool on the home computer.

We have to talk to the pilot and quit hitting these speed bumps and stop using the air brakes.

I have been reviewing the data at many sites that I use. The numbers still look good from IBD at Investors.com as an example. Since I am a subscriber, we get to see more privy stuff. They are showing :

As per airline industry.

LUV...86 for overall rank........100 for FRNT
LUV...72 for fundamental rank..97 for FRNT

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=frnt&d=1y&c=luv

In my opinion the institutions are just selling the stocks because of profit taking and will be bargain hunting. I am noticing the same pattern with my GMCR stock last month. The institutions are playing games and are selling enough stocks for a profit to buy back after the split. All the funny current actions now, should happen after a stock splits for a few days and then resumes upwards because this stock is a jewel as per IBD standards. It has all the good fundamentals an investor would look for. Just be kewl and hang on. You'll be getting more shares when it splits. When this mess ends and back to normal, I am proceeding to use the A.I.M, (Automatic Investment Management) software in making minor corrections in selling a few stocks and buying stocks if necessary with FRNT for the next 20 years or so. Basically on Autopilot while enjoying my GMCR also.

There should still be some pre-split action within the week of the splits. In other words, hit and run. For the long term players, hangon and ejoy this wild ride.

Again be kewl and have fun.
QuillandPenn
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement