Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tootru Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39754  
Subject: JR Hits 500! Date: 11/11/2007 3:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
And at home in the Shark Tank.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2007111018&prov=ap

Congrats JR!

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: antusalrodaigh Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17765 of 39754
Subject: Re: JR Hits 500! Date: 11/12/2007 7:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A crazy bounce is a little bit of an understatement, but I would think JR is happy it is passed.

Really, JR has been one of the best skaters for the Sharks this year--so far. With Marleau and Cheechoo off to REALLY slow starts, it has been fortunate JR has been as effective as he has been. He deserves the applause for the Milestone!

Also, kudos to the San Jose fans for showing their class in applauding Mike Modano's two goals in a painful home ice loss to the Stars last Wednesday. Not only did Sharks fans give an ovation when he tied Phil Housley's scoring total and another ovation when he scored moments later to surpass Housley--says a lot for the fans in San Jose.

Also, have to say, Sandis Ozolinsh has looked much better than I expected. I really believe he will prove to be a great asset for the Sharks, particularly on the power play.

Antu

Author: tootru Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17766 of 39754
Subject: Re: JR Hits 500! Date: 11/12/2007 11:21 PM
Recommendations: 0
Also, kudos to the San Jose fans for showing their class in applauding Mike Modano's two goals in a painful home ice loss to the Stars last Wednesday. Not only did Sharks fans give an ovation when he tied Phil Housley's scoring total and another ovation when he scored moments later to surpass Housley--says a lot for the fans in San Jose.

Good for you. We cheered at the Honda Center when they showed he had made record.

A couple of days before, when the Stars were playing the Ducks, there were several tidbits up on the big TV about the impending record. I told Schred that there should have been a little disclaimer about it at the bottom that said "So don't be a-holes, people!"

Fergossake, people were boo-ing Dustin Penner when the Oilers were in town. That ain't right.

t.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement