UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wayjo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6186  
Subject: Re: What Companies are our favourites? Date: 1/30/2002 8:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Judith, hold off on the Hunter Hall shares and I would recommend the Value Growth Trust if you're going into the Funds.

HHL, by my calculations, is very over priced at the moment.

These are my rough calculations. As they say you don't need to know someone's weight to know if they're fat so these are very "round" numbers.

As a rule of thumb fund managers sell for 5% of Funds under Management. HHL has approx $270m under management at the moment.
If we allow that this will grow by 20% this year and because of their no-load policy which improves their profitability (I won't explain this here) and so therefore allow a 10% value for FUM. This implies value of approx $32m for that part of the business.

They also have an investment portfolio in their own right which is probably around the $7m mark now.

Add the profit bonus for the past half year of $2m.

I get a business value of about $40m give or take.

The business has no borrowings so we can divide this figure into the shares on issue (20,000,000) and I calculate a current business value of approx $2.00 per share. Current price is $3.65!!

Why I haven't I sold - Really like the company and its management and I hate paying tax so next question please.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement