Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have any idea why the big jump in the last couple of days? I cannot find any news to justify this rise.

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Sorry if this is an additional message, but I vote for to "second" Yihren's question. A couple of months in the doldrums, and now a very sharp upward spike ... very curious to know.
Mr. Market strikes again probably. The spike coincided with the CEO clangin the closing bell that day.
I was about 15% down a few days ago but sold yesterday to break-even. I'm getting out mostly because of all of the negative user publicity I keep reading about around the net. I may be proven wrong but don't have to stomach to stick around and find out. If the jump is purely due to ringing the closing bell then I'll just thank my lucky stars.
There are plenty of other companies out there that don't have the questions. I don't know about you, but I don't have enough money to invest in more than a dozen or so, that means I get to be extremely picky about what companies to invest in.

kw
Well, it's suffered a quite a roller coaster ride yesterday. Down 3% and ending up 1.7%. I did notice the opening bell bit, but ... oh heck, who cares. I have been down 7% three days ago.

I share Yihren's thoughts, there are much more choices out there.
You know how we always say that a dip in the price of a stock we really believe in isn't bad news it's just a buying opportunity. Well....

I'm happy to be rid of my SOLD at very close to breakeven.
Don't know why the spike. May I offer observations?

1) With clear evidence that real estate markets are shifting, inventory rising coupled with financially strapped borrowers (new homeowners), I believe that Housevalues may be in for a rough ride.

2) Agents, particularly in bubble markets such as California, Florida, New England and others, will not pay referral fees due to their very own lack of business or difficulty in weathering a tough market. For example in California there has been a rise to some 400,000 agents in 2005 from approx. 280,000 licensees in 1999. Many of these folks will leave the business. And with their exit, so too will go their subscriptions to SOLD.

3) To counter this exit, I would venture that SOLD will add more services or alter their business plan accordingly. Being that Housevalues is so young and not seasoned through even one cycle, it will be interesting to watch how they perform in a challenging market ahead, as I see it.

I believe that the behavior of the Realtors is somewhat predictable and that the downside due to Realtors leaving the business will superceed that of adding new accounts--certainly there is potential for adding new accounts whereas agents didn't need a referal resource due to a gravy market. But again, I think the cost & ROI benefit coupled with market conditions favors loss of business.

Aguments welcome!

TK
Legacy Escrow Service, Inc.
I'm not very impressed by Housevalues.com. I see nothing useful about the site, yo urequest info and then get flooded with phone calls for days weeks and possibly months afterwards.

If housevalues had a better way of sorting out the real potential customers from those who just want free info I think the model could work. As of now there are more then a handful of real estate agents paying for housevalues service and feeling very ripped off.

I'm on the verge of selling and have a market order in at 14.75. I think my money will be better off in SCSS and/or CTC
Advertisement