Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36686  
Subject: Just a note Date: 11/1/2013 3:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Just wanted to post about a "stock tip" email I've been getting. No, this is NOT an endorsement. Just an interesting note on how well penny stocks can be manipulated. The email touted PGLO when it was at .35 a week or so ago. The emails have been coming hot and heavy every day and at least one time there were 2 in one day. Last time I looked PGLO was at .73 or so.

These are notoriously dangerous but they are sometimes profitable if you don't take it too seriously. I got the original email and picked up some at .35 and sold at .45 and I'm happy with that. I have a feeling that PGLO will dive back under .35 in a few weeks but for now the touter is getting a real nice ride.

I'll post when the next pick is sent out (usually on a Sunday) so you can watch it. As I said, I DO NOT recommend these but I admit to playing them sometimes. I always get out well before the top which doesn't bother me at all since I'd rather lock in a profit and miss some than stay in too long and lose it all.

Anyway, hope everyone had a nice Halloween!

Calabogie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SoMch2Knw Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36646 of 36686
Subject: Re: Just a note Date: 11/2/2013 2:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You're braver than I...

"I got the original email..."

... that I could never convince myself of, even if I paid for the service.

If I had the day-trading tools I might be more apt to play in that universe.

If the site every plugs FMD let me know. I'll then be certain the company is doomed - Lol

Tye

Author: SnowBawl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36647 of 36686
Subject: Re: Just a note Date: 11/4/2013 11:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
Great shorting opportunities for offshore account holders.

Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36649 of 36686
Subject: Re: Just a note Date: 11/5/2013 10:35 AM
Recommendations: 1
You're braver than I...

Actually I'm a real chicken! lol I play these with "mad money" and I ALWAYS jump out very early. I just looked at PGLO (hadn't checked since I posted that) and it's up to .85 or something like that. Nice gain for the pumper...uh, tipster.

I actually played momentum stocks like this quite a bit back in 1999-2000 and did fairly well with them. As long as you're ok leaving money on the table you're usually pretty safe. Especially if you do it with "mad money" and not the rent check. The one thing that amazes me is that people like this don't get shut down. The SEC HAS to see these things and these guys are making HUGE amounts of money.

Just think what kind of return this guy has already gotten on PGLO. He probably bought in well before he began touting it (probably around .25 to .30) and it topped out at around .95 yesterday. He probably sold 75 percent of his shares at around .55 - .65 and the rest is gravy for him. Quite a racket and from what I've seen there's little chance of him getting caught. He may even be doing it from off-shore which makes him even safer. Regardless, if he's caught he'll probably face a fine that is a miniscule percentage of what he's made.

I couldn't do it simply because I have scruples but I can see why it would appeal to someone. Build a big enough following and you can basically rake in money simply by sending out emails and having a pretty web site.

Calabogie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement