Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
just an FYI:....a week or so ago, I read on the wire services that someone (consumer group, I believe) had done a study of 7 or 8 drug companies and found that for R&D and advertising expenditures, advertising won out! to the tune of about 15% more than R&D......

maybe someone can give you a link, I will if I find first!.........

as far as advertising goes, I wonder why, it takes as long to give the
reasons you may "not" want to take a prescription(all warnings)as it does to give you the benefits!!!!!!.....seems about equal to me....

I can speak from experience for Zocor only(took about a year)had muscle
spasms and aches.....found out later after I quit, that these were
caused by the zocor........they weren't giving the warnings in their ads @ the time.......after cost was $110 per month(I payed only a co-pay)
but still what about that price when everyone "recommends" you be on some type of statin drug!!!!!(drs./drug cos.)......doesn't seem reasonable to me, only to G.W. who thru the goodness of his heart has a discount plan in mind that has been going on for about 10 yrs anyway!
GEE, what a swell fella and how wonderful of the drug companies to do this!......really will help peoples' bottom line, huh????? are people really that gullible????

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement