Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23740  
Subject: Re: Proud Uncle Date: 3/25/2014 8:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Just as my back recovered, I strained an LCL.

Bummer. Serious Bummer.

Here's a tip though, Charlie.....don't let it drive you crazy else it'll drive you crazy.

Seems like a bad dream from the Anals of Time (not a typo, spellcheck!!) but after decades of taking my health, wellbeing and fitness for granted I got struck down with plantar fasciitis. In the grand scheme of things that're bad for you, PF doesn't rank that high ......unless you can't suck it up when pretty much every footstep has you just about falling over (and you do actually fall over sometimes) That'd be me. For close to 3 years. Every day.

For whatever reason these issues decide for themselves to get better, it happened for me early 2002. Since then, I a) haven't taken my health, wellbeing and fitness for granted (as I actually promised myself back then .... if I could just be pain free once more) and b) got myself a handle on Smart Training which has not only kept me injury free but got me fitter, stronger, faster...etc. etc.

Here's how to look at episodes like this ...... you're just coiling the spring to bounce back to being fitter, stronger faster....etc. etc. Had a reminder of this over the past few months following my Summer of De-training last year. Was starting to feel bad about myself around September time when I just couldn't seem to regain the Legend In My Own Mind level of fitness I remembered from before the Colorado Incidents.

Well let me tell you that, once I took myself in hand and started to practise what I preach, (Do what you NEED to....not what you WANT to) I actually have bounced back fitter, stronger, leaner etc. etc. (we'll see about faster when the temps here rise above *ice-cream headache* level consistently)

Boy, am I glad I asked the question ..... I thought you'd just given up on running ....

Hang in there, athlete!!

Vivienne
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement