UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134920  
Subject: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 7:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Beyond the obvious political food fight, which Romney clearly won handily. This was definitely a different Romney. He was aggressive, but civil. He was in charge, not too demeaning. He looked and sounded much like the CEO that had taken a leave of absence, and had come back to scold his office clerk for doing a terrible job.

But beyond the obvious.

How many were surprised at Romney's answers and elaboration about his tax policies?

Be honest, how many said HUH? What?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106914 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 8:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How many were surprised at Romney's answers and elaboration about his tax policies?

Hi HMA, in what way ?

At it's core, Romney has always espoused closing loopholes, and though he is a smaller government conservative, that is because he thinks government has gotten too big, not because he is not a big government conservative.

Any generally free market person is going to be for some flatter tax system where deductions are limited, their primary function is to distort markets by channeling behavior.

This is not a time for massive change, any candidate planning to do that is either insane or too distracted from reality to govern IMO. We need to get our balance first, cut back get stable and then look at what went wrong and how to be better. I never expected more than that of Romney. He may be a visionary, but he won't release that until after there is a stable jump off point so no surprise to me.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106917 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 9:03 AM
I think the biggest reason that many people were surprised by what Romney had to say, as well as the way he said it, was that it was the first time that he actually addressed and shot down the spin and imsinformation about him and his ideas that the Obama camp have been spewing since it became clear that he would be the nominee.

And as you always see with a bully, when they are confronted, they wilt.

Author: drebbin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106927 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 11:42 AM
Recommendations: 4
HMALETTER: Beyond the obvious political food fight, which Romney clearly won handily. This was definitely a different Romney. He was aggressive, but civil. He was in charge, not too demeaning. He looked and sounded much like the CEO that had taken a leave of absence, and had come back to scold his office clerk for doing a terrible job.

But beyond the obvious.

Be honest, how many said HUH? What?

Not me, but I would say pretty much everyone who took the 0bama spin and media re-printing of the 0bama spin as honest truth. They were all probably completely shocked that Romney was absolutely nothing like they thought and his positions were completely different. But most people who are either not ignorant or have open minds to listen to a candidate explain his own positions wouldn't have had reason to be particularly surprised.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106930 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 12:19 PM
Recommendations: 6
And as you always see with a bully, when they are confronted, they wilt.

Confronting a bully is not enough.

You have to convince them you can effectively fight back.

In this case, Obama tried a few bully tactics and Mitt punched back with interest. Bullies do NOT want a fight. They want to dominate.

Obama found that his bully tactics resulted in a great deal of pain. Since Obama doesn't have any other tactics, he had nothing left to do but talk about his pre-planned talking points.

Which left Mitt free to continue using Obama as a punching bag.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106931 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 12:49 PM
Recommendations: 2
The only thing that surprised me was how big of a pu$$y Obama really is. You can watch his facial expressions. He knew he was losing 20 minutes in and Mitt had completely broken him at the 40 minute mark.

We've all known that Obama is a bully who uses his position to call out other people (GM bondholders, Paul Ryan, the Supreme Court). But I thought he had more of a spine than he does. The man is just so weak.

As far as Mitt goes, he was the same guy that I've been a fan of since 2007 and his first run for President. The shots taken at him from the likes of RedState have been driving me nuts for the past year so I was glad to see Romney whale on not only Obama, but the boobs over there as well.

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106940 of 134920
Subject: Re: Just curious Date: 10/6/2012 2:50 PM
"The only thing that surprised me was how big of a pu$$y Obama really is. You can watch his facial expressions. He knew he was losing 20 minutes in and Mitt had completely broken him at the 40 minute mark."

My inner voice is channeling Howard Cossell:

"Obama goes down. Obama goes down. Obama does down."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement