No. of Recommendations: 0
Just curious, but could you withdraw it all, then re-contribute?

Suppose a $2,000 contribution has fallen 50% to $1,000, and you find you were only eligible to contribute $1,000. Withdrawing the $1,000 excess, adjusted for the 50% loss, would leave $500 in the account. Is there a way to reverse the entire contribution and send in another $1,000 for 2001 before April 15th?


This is an interesting question, but I think the risk is too high to try it. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.