UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: yofluke Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 50  
Subject: Just Finished Date: 11/20/2006 3:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I just finished this book over the past couple of days. While I don't think I learned anything strikingly new that I have not learned over the past ~7 years of investing, I believe the book was worth the time and effort to read it. The book boiled down the fundamentals of value investing in an easy to understand way. It was a great refresher and I can see it being a greater motivator if someone's patience is starting to give.

yofluke
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fdwelley One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 50
Subject: Re: Just Finished Date: 11/27/2006 5:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2

I can see it being a greater motivator if someone's patience is starting to give.

Just what I needed, a reminder to keep at it. Value investing..digging around looking for bargains, takes a lot of time.

With regard to Greenblattt's book, I see myself using it to produce a list from which to start the digging. The companies that turn up on his screen meet a certain minimum qualifications. From there, the number crunching begins.

Thanks yofluke.

Frank D in CT

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement