Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mikearnold Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 105  
Subject: Just for nothing Date: 8/4/2003 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just thought I'd say 'hey' to the group.

This stock is an interesting little study in who's-on'first? Interesting.

The question for me is: do they have their arms around the problem, and is the executive suite the problem?

Having said that, I've done OK with their ups and downs over the past few months.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dianne102 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 8/8/2003 11:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi Mike
Still thinking about when to get back in. It seems like this is not the time because of sideways movement. Put my money in NLY when it dipped so really don't have cash ready to invest yet anyway. I watch it regularly tho for any good news. The news that came out today caused a small dip. I kinda read good news in the bad news. The company's still cleaning up their act and telling us they are trying to do the right thing. I will definitely be getting back in sometime in the future.

Author: mikearnold Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 88 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 8/9/2003 9:01 AM
Dianne,

Yeah... I messed up and returned to the table too soon. The uncertainties are not yet clearing, or at least there are not enough neutral commentaries to calm the jittery.

One or two semi-positive reviews and the stock could improve a bit. But such information would have to have some basis in actual performance.

I think it will get worse before it gets better, though I 'hope' I'm wrong.

Mike

Author: dianne102 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 9/3/2003 10:25 PM
Hi Mike
Looks like things got better for AHO and I didn't get back in. Wonder if some other problem will come up to give me a better opportunity. I'll give it another month and see what happens. If you find out any good news, let me know. I might just have to buy back in at the higher price.
Dianne

Author: mikearnold Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 9/4/2003 8:13 AM
Dianne,

It seems there are the usual 'things' going on. New CEO Anders Moberg is making too much money [so say some share owners] in his salary and bonus package; the Dutch supermarket arm is cutting jobs; - - - the usual stuff.

Short interest is high which could set the stage for buying.

The stock is selling at '95 price +/-.

I think the price is being overly influenced by 'street-talk.'

But what do I know?

My adviser is Chicken Little, of 'the sky is falling' Little's.

Author: dianne102 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 9/5/2003 2:39 PM
What a coincidence Mike. I've also taken the advice of Chicken Little, of "the sky is falling Little's several times in the past year.That Chicken has given me quite an education.
Chicken has advised me to wait for a pullback. We'll see how accurate he is. I might need another scandal to get back in.

Author: mikearnold Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92 of 105
Subject: Re: Just for nothing Date: 9/11/2003 7:41 AM
Recommendations: 1
Dianne,

A lot of discord in The Netherlands over the compensation package of new CEO Anders Moberg. It could depress the stock a bit. The story has pension funds and boards not pleased with the package.

I even heard a little report about AHO on PRI/NPR's BBC broadcast [a lot of initials - Public Radio International / National Public Radio British Broadcasting Corporation] with regard to sentiments in Europe.

There is also a bit of bad news from Brazil in re stores AHO wants to sell - lower earnings. Interesting, though, in that Walmart one of the companys is interested in buying the store chain - Bompreco.

To the extent the waters remained roiled AHO will probably bounce around a bit.

My timing has been less than acute of late but I sold my holdings at $9.93 [bought at $8.42] in an IRA account. That's three times this year I've bought and sold. I'll be watching for a significant dip to consider buying back in. Given my record and exquisite timing the stock may never dip again.

The firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe advised me on the sale.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement