Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1653  
Subject: Just found ya'll...Hello Date: 1/27/2006 2:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hey there,
Just found this board based on a question from another board. Thought I'd say hi before I start spouting off advice columns and such..;^P

My handle is actually from many many moons ago when I competed in my first body building show in college. (It's was the least offensive of the nicknames the females on management crew came up with.)((SO!..has nothing to do with vampires or killing or staking or anything remotely undead related.)

Been lifting for decades now...since about 15. I am a hard gainer and tend to overtrain myself very quickly. Very active in sports, but weightlifting is my stress reliever. Those 30-45 minutes of total focus mean that there is no way to stress over other stuff in my life. (Oh, and the endorphine rush from a killer session is crazy.) To get that total focus means I am a pretty hard core metal head. Plates, plates, and more plates....figure out at what point you get crushed...:^)
I am not a pretty lifter...squats, deads, dumbbell presses, dips, chins, rows, etc. Spend very little time on machines...no challenge there. I turn red/purple at times and usually have to make noise to focus and get the last rep or two back to the rack.

I have two BS degrees that I only use on myself at the moment, Nutrition and Exercise Science. Have spent many many years researching lifting supplements and occasionally testing them out on myself.

My lifting has all been clean, nothing that isn't available in GNC...but even then people have accused me of taking other stuff. Just got that comment again recently.

Recently I just started to get back into shape. Been out of the gym for about two years...and really needed to get back for the mental side of it. Spent about two-three months seriously reminding my body what weights are...then two weeks ago started a relatively hard core bulking diet...~200gms of protein in 6 meals. So I have gone from out of shape 205 to much better 220lbs. Prolly around 10% body fat at the moment.

The current goal is to see if I can lift like I did at 22. I am now 36 and it seems that someone has made weights MUCH heavier since I last was in the gym...need to give that guy a piece of my mind. So I am currently shooting for a squat of 350 for reps. (Which is why I had to bulk up, couldn't carry that weight at 205lbs.) Once I reach 350 on the smith machine I will need to move to a real gym. Right now I am using the work gym to get back into shape.

Sorry about the long intro...now I will go off to read some back posts and see who all is here.

Buffy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

The American Energy Revolution
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement