UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128247  
Subject: Just How Necessary is That Conventional Oven? Date: 10/3/2012 8:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The bottom line is, conventional sells, so we will eventually repair/replace our oven/stove top. But just how necessary is it?

Even for baking there are excellent counter top convection ovens, some even that double as microwave ovens. Want to roast a turkey? There are counter top roasters for that as well. Of course there are counter top electric burners and griddles, crock pot slow cookers for your stove top needs. Even with a stove I tend to gravitate towards these individual appliances, and I use my toaster oven much more than the larger 30" oven.

At the cabin we have retained the small 20" oven/4 burner that came with the place. I had once thought that when it died I would replace it with a larger 30", but now I suspect I might replace it with a 30" cabinet to store my individual cooking options. Putting a cabinet there will actually free up the corner for cabinet storage as well, access to which is now blocked by the oven.

Perhaps it's a bit backwards, considering I added a dishwasher to the appliances in the kitchen and took away coveted storage space in doing so, but trust me, I USE the dishwasher. Ditto the fridge which saw us move the 10CuFt fridge to the garage and bring in an 18CuFt. But the oven? I suspect I can work around that one.

IP,
not looking to spend more time cooking in retirement
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement