Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: scdelaney Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265  
Subject: Just poking fun! Date: 1/22/2002 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
My favorite investment is in my spouse! This type of investment is in the form of flowers, chocolates and even marriage counseling. All the diversification in stock and mutual fund investments won't stop a fifty percent loss if your spouse doesn't want to be your spouse any more.

Wait a minute… it can be even worse. If your company has a retirement plan your spouse may be entitled to half of that too! And someone on a third marriage would lose half of half! This might be scarier than Enron! If you're gloating about beating the market by a few percentage points and neglecting your spouse you may be taking on unforeseen risk.

Investing in your spouse also has a very high yield. For a very small price you get a long, happy marriage and you even receive occasional favors. Naturally these favors can be reinvested, yielding returns sure to beat any index fund!

(Happily on first and last marriage!)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: czarinav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49 of 265
Subject: Re: Just poking fun! Date: 1/23/2002 12:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You've got My vote!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement