UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 885309  
Subject: Just shout, please Date: 1/12/2013 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
if you hear me THINKING about buying my favorite vinaigrette salad dressing when I'm doing some grocery shopping.

I have 6 interesting-looking untouched bottles of different salad dressings in the pantry. Even though we have a green salad at least once a day, it will a while to get through them. I don't need more.

Please shout, "Just say no!"...wherever you happen to be.

Thanks. It will remind me. it will help me LBMM.

Remember, this past week we ate nothing but stores...and didn't even make a dent in our supplies of food, except on fresh veggies!

Big Momma.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870398 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/12/2013 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Once you run through your bottles, you might want to consider making your own - lots of easy recipes are out there for various vinegrettes, and you control how much you make - which could work better for someone like you who sounds like they want a lot of "variety".

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870399 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/12/2013 6:15 PM
It is a great idea to use what you have stored away. I know I have been doing that for the past week or so. I have found a few extra bottles/jars/cans of things I didn't even remember having. I am using "from the pantry/fridge/freezer" and having great meals.

That said ...... if you have never tried TJ's Light Champagne Vinaigrette salad dressing, you simply must. 50 calories for the two tablespoon serving and that works for me nearly all the time. It isn't really sweet but has a fresh taste with a bit of tang and I love Champagne and there is a hint of that taste in this dressing. Low fat so I don't feel guilty using it. It doesn't taste low fat to me so that is a bonus.

However, don't buy any more dressing until you go through at least three bottles of what you already have. There. I supported you and still got my recommendation in. LOL!

Robyn

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870400 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/12/2013 6:25 PM
Recommendations: 1
Well Robyn...the good news is that your favorite dressing is sitting in one of those untouched bottles in the Pantry....so after all my vinaigrette is used, I use your favorite next!
Thanks anyway!

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870403 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/12/2013 9:40 PM
Recommendations: 0
I lost power on christmas and it was out for over a week, so I actually just threw out a bunch of stuff from my freezer/fridge, including various old, expired salad dressings! The only thing was, with my freezer being completely empty of everything except the extra flour I keep there, I felt the need to buy some random stuff to go in it today, like ice cream. I'm not even a big ice cream person! I should have gone to Kroger and bought frozen veggies...

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870405 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/13/2013 1:20 AM
Lea77 ~

So sorry to hear about losing power. It is a real pain in the neck. It sounds like you don't eat ice cream that much but this sounds like a decent reward for making it through the holidays.

You can always get the veggies!

Robyn

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870473 of 885309
Subject: Re: Just shout, please Date: 1/14/2013 7:45 PM
Recommendations: 0
We just started doing this in the past few months. I can get the bottled dressing for nearly free by stacking coupons with sales, but we've been having a lot of fun creating our own, and using recipes from some of my old cookbooks.

I've been using this one a lot: http://www.amazon.com/Meades-magic-recipes-electric-blender/...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement