Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Dracman One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: Just stimbled onto this one Date: 4/12/1998 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looked at some preliminary numbers from the Quarterly Earnings report in IBD. Just started to investigate more details......anyone heard or this company and have any info on them??

Thanks,
The Dracman
Print the post Back To Top
Author: zoltan69 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 18
Subject: Re: Just stimbled onto this one Date: 4/17/1998 4:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Yeah, a response to my board creation! I stumbled on this one also a couple weeks ago. Their earnings are growing steadily and they have no debt to speak of. I got their annual report and despite being kind of lack-luster in terms of layout the numbers in black and white show that this company is well managed. My only concern is that the founder of the company (and it's chief scientist) is like 80 years old - when he croaks will the research go on? there's a lot of family in the company also, the founder's brother is runing the show along with his son. Have you heard any other good things?

Author: Dracman One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 18
Subject: Re: Just stimbled onto this one Date: 4/17/1998 8:54 PM
Hmmm...interesting. Is the old guy running or was he the one with th ideas. It would matter, since the ideas could be tough to duplicate, but management may not be. I am getting the annual treport and financial data now.
Thanks for the input, let's keep the board going as we find things out.

The DRACMAN

Author: zoltan69 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 18
Subject: Re: Just stimbled onto this one Date: 4/19/1998 5:23 PM
I don't know if you've seen their (somewhat dorky) website http://www.u-g.com/ but it has some information there. They seem like they are coming up with a number of new products some of which have approval overseas but because of the small size of the company and the incredible expense of getting a product through the FDA they are pursuing partnerships for getting these products developed in the US. The absurdly low trading volume on this stock is what really makes me wonder, yeah the stock is really cheap right now, but is it ready for explosive growth yet? I mean, get in now and wait how long? Years?

Author: EagleTed One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 18
Subject: Re: Just stimbled onto this one Date: 1/13/2002 1:38 PM
Low volume, no analysts, a backwater company.

Still, with 3 year earnings growth of 36%, ROE over 20%, ROA of 19%, and what seems to be honest management, I'll hold for a few years (decades?) and see what happens.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement