No. of Recommendations: 0
Just to add a small tidbit, if you are going to a new job, you can only roll it over if the new employer also has a 457b plan. If there's a 401k in place at your new employer, the cash in the old job's 457b plan can't come and play there.

If you are changing jobs and there is another 457b plan, I was also informed that you have 60 days to begin the transfer. But as Pixy said, get with your current HR person for exact info.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.