Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Just to continue on this......

Some things you should know when ordering a shoe a running store doesn't carry, or keep in stock:

When you order it, the store loses money on that order, because the vendor sells it to them at next to no discount. Also, the store pays for the shipping of that shoe. Most running stores don't pass that expense on to the customer, because they are being loyal to their base.

Not all shoes can be ordered by a running store. Example....Mizuno comes out with a bright purple shoe you love, you go to the running store, and they try to order it for you. Mizuno may only allow that shoe to be sold in big box stores. Conversely, some shoes can only be gotten at a specialty running store. It isn't the store's fault if the company won't sell it to them.

Running stores can't carry a wide line of shoes and sizes. They typically carry what the most common sizes are, because that is what will sell. Don't blame them, shoes sitting in a store are money not being made, so order those shoes if you wish.

75% of shoes a running store orders for a customer NEVER get purchased. Yes....that's right NEVER. Remember what I wrote at the top, the store makes nothing on those shoes, and now the customer has gone to Dick's or online, because they couldn't wait. Some stores charge a restocking fee(mine does not). I don't blame them for that.

The deeper the discount online, the older the shoe. Older shoes do not hold up as well as the newer ones, because they die quicker.

So while you may buy accessories and other items at the local running store, know that 70%-75% of their business is selling shoes, and if you aren't buying your shoes there, they aren't making money, and soon your local store, will be Dick's.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement