UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (58) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756652  
Subject: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/26/2012 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
http://boards.fool.com/stench-30284010.aspx

Goofyhoofy is on the Best Of after posting as truth something that was meant as satire!

Be true to yourself and spend your day ridiculing him! That is unless you're a complete hack.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/some-people-didnt-really-u...

When Roger Simon wrote in Politico Wednesday that Paul Ryan's new nickname for Mitt Romney is "Stench," a number of news outlets — from MSNBC to Mediaite — took it seriously.
--------------------------------------------------
Go get'em tiger.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645777 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/27/2012 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
Be true to yourself and spend your day ridiculing him! That is unless you're a complete hack.

It's a matter of degree, something you righties have a lot of trouble with. See, Goofy is mostly right, most of the time. You guys are mostly wrong, most of the time. Here's the thing: not a single one of your predictions or assessments have come true or been proven. You guys are suckered daily, and never admit it.

Everyone gets a pass on a few of their mistakes. But to get suckered at the frequency that happens to you guys takes a special form of insanity and a total lack of introspection.

Carry on, hack.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645791 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/27/2012 3:22 PM
Recommendations: 7
Goofyhoofy is on the Best Of after posting as truth something that was meant as satire!

How can one tell the difference between reality and satire when reading/hearing about Mittens and the Republicans?

Satire masquerading as reality; reality masquerading as satire.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645801 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/27/2012 3:57 PM
Recommendations: 38
It's a matter of degree, something you righties have a lot of trouble with. See, Goofy is mostly right, most of the time. You guys are mostly wrong, most of the time. Here's the thing: not a single one of your predictions or assessments have come true or been proven. You guys are suckered daily, and never admit it.
----------------------------------------------------------
I predicted Obama would be a disaster and make things worse, we all did, we were right. We predicted his policies would make businesses apprehensive and not hire, we were right, you were wrong. We predicted the stimulus would be a huge failure, we were right. I don't think there's one thing we predicted that didn't happen. All you guys have done is say how great it would be once he was elected, and since then all you've done is blame Bush and make excuses for Obama. We were actually right about that too. Face it, the guy blows. He has no idea what he's doing.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645819 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/27/2012 6:03 PM
Recommendations: 3
Face it, the guy blows

And that's only on the days he doesn't suck.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645885 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 8:54 AM
Recommendations: 2
You guys are suckered daily, and never admit it.

Snork! You mean like, "It was a spontaneous protest"?

You have serious issues with reality, it appears.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645888 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:20 AM
Recommendations: 9
I predicted Obama would be a disaster and make things worse, we all did, we were right.

No, you were quite wrong, again.

We predicted his policies would make businesses apprehensive and not hire, we were right, you were wrong.

Except, private sector hiring has been pretty strong since the Bush calamity, so you're wrong, again. What's changed is that public sector hiring has cratered...there are far fewer government jobs under Obama than under Bush...something you'd normally cheer about, except you're still outraged because you believe it's the opposite...proving my point yet again.

Here's all the data you need to know but will never accept:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-private-sector-and-the-pu...

We predicted the stimulus would be a huge failure, we were right.

Yeah, like Republicans didn't work overtime to make sure of it...and they still failed. What the minor stimulus allowed under treasonous Republican opposition was effective, within its limited parameters.

I don't think there's one thing we predicted that didn't happen.

Only in your very fixated, myopic, and delusional mind.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645889 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:30 AM
Recommendations: 1
Except, private sector hiring has been pretty strong since the Bush calamity, so you're wrong, again. What's changed is that public sector hiring has cratered...there are far fewer government jobs under Obama than under Bush...something you'd normally cheer about, except you're still outraged because you believe it's the opposite...proving my point yet again.
------------------------------------------------------------
Whoa. "The private sector is fine", i've heard there were people that fell for that Obama line but i thought it was a myth, much like sasquatch or yeti.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645890 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:31 AM
Whoa. "The private sector is fine", i've heard there were people that fell for that Obama line but i thought it was a myth, much like sasquatch or yeti.

Did you review the charts? Or are you afraid they will destroy your delusions?

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645891 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:36 AM
Did you review the charts? Or are you afraid they will destroy your delusions?
---------------------------------------------------
I did, they aren't impressive at all. It's been a terrible recovery, even people like sychophant Goolsbee admit it, and not only is it terrible, but we're 5 trillion dollars more in debt which will mean slower economic growth going forward. Face it, he's a disaster.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645892 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:41 AM
Recommendations: 7
New figures from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey, compiled by Sentier Research, show that the typical American household’s real (inflation-adjusted) income has actually dropped5.7 percent during the Obama “recovery.” Using constant 2012 dollars (to adjust for inflation), the median annual income of American households was $53,718 as of June 2009, the last month of the recession. Now, after 38 months of this “recovery,” it has fallen to $50,678 — a drop of $3,040 per household. …

Amazingly, incomes have dropped even more during the “recovery” than they did during the recession. In fact, they’ve dropped more than twice as much as they did during the recession. From the start to the end of the recession, the real median income of American households fell $1,413, or 2.6 percent. From the end of the recession to the present day, it has dropped $3,040, or 5.7 percent. This begs the question: What kind of “recovery” compares unfavorably with the recession from which it’s ostensibly recovering?
------------------------------------------------------
Forward!

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645894 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:51 AM
I did, they aren't impressive at all. It's been a terrible recovery, even people like sychophant Goolsbee admit it, and not only is it terrible, but we're 5 trillion dollars more in debt which will mean slower economic growth going forward. Face it, he's a disaster.

They may not be impressive, but they counter every claim you made. And Republican reaganomics and scorched-earth policies laid the foundation for all this. Face it, you created the disaster, and now not only are you blaming the people trying to fix it for not doing it fast enough, you keep parroting the same recipe that got us in this mess as a solution.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645896 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 9:56 AM
They may not be impressive, but they counter every claim you made. And Republican reaganomics and scorched-earth policies laid the foundation for all this. Face it, you created the disaster, and now not only are you blaming the people trying to fix it for not doing it fast enough, you keep parroting the same recipe that got us in this mess as a solution.
----------------------------------------------
That's true, letting people keep the money they earned has been a disaster. Much better to give all the money to the government for redistribution. Potato salad.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645898 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 10:14 AM
Recommendations: 4
Yeah, like Republicans didn't work overtime to make sure of it...and they still failed. What the minor stimulus allowed under treasonous Republican opposition was effective, within its limited parameters.

Given that the Republicans had basically no power for over half of 0bama's destructive reign it takes chutzpah to blame them for the Dem's ineptitude. Chutzpah or complete idiocy. I'll leave it to everyone to decide which is the case on their own.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645901 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 10:21 AM
Recommendations: 24
Face it, you created the disaster

Usually, I ignore the ravings of the mentally ill, but sometimes I just can't let it pass.

If jweist would look around he would note that the source of our economic dysfunction lies with failed liberal ideology.

SS - bankrupt
Medicare/medicaid - bankrupt
Amtrak -bankrupt
PGBC - bankrupt

and so on.

No free marketer would advocate that the gov't get involved with retirement planning, medicine, transportation, or 95% of the things gov't does. It is the liberal that drives these programs, not guys like me, 2828, fleg, MadCap, arrete, and virtually every regular here.

No free marketer would advocate borrowing and borrowing with no plan to ever pay back. Liberals do.

Fannie and Freddie are gov't entities, not creations of the free market. The CRA was yet another gov't intervebntion in the marketplace that forces lenders to make loans they don't want to make.

The FDIC allows banks to privatize profits, but pass the buck for bad loans onto the taxpayer. The marketplace didn't create that incentive, gov't did.

It is human nature to resist admitting that he has been worshipping a false god.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645907 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 10:29 AM
He has no idea what he's doing.

I disagree. He's attempting to throw a wrench in the gears of free enterprise and he's succeeding.

Mike

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645913 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 0
He has no idea what he's doing.

I disagree. He's attempting to throw a wrench in the gears of free enterprise and he's succeeding.

Mike
---------------------------
I agree with your disagreement. He knows what he's doing when it comes to harming America.....and that is his intention.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645914 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 10:56 AM
jwiest wrote: And Republican reaganomics and scorched-earth policies laid the foundation for all this.

No, bleeding heart librul policies laid the foundation for all this. Granted, it took 70 years to turn this country into a nanny state, but we're paying the piper for it now. Every single entitlement program we are now burdened with was the brainchild of a Democrat, starting with Roosevelt and then Johnson and now Obama.

Blame the inability of Democrats to master simple arithmatic for the state we're in now.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645915 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 11:04 AM
Recommendations: 8
I predicted Obama would be a disaster and make things worse, we all did, we were right.

He didn't, therfore you were not right. Things are not worse, though they are worse than they could be if the GOP hadn't decided to abandon responsibility to the people and the nation and instead slip into fanatic opposition and demonization.

Clip and paste this and put it after each sentence you wrote, and you'll get the true picture.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645931 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 12:35 PM

You have a strange definition of "worse". I don't think it means what you think it means.

Before Obama was elected the stock market was experiencing some of the largest single-day losses in history, cruising on its way down to 6500. Today it's over 13000. We were losing 750K jobs every month, with unemployment over 10% at one point. Today we are (slowly) adding jobs, and unemployment is around 8%. The housing market was collapsed. Today it's coming back. The national debt was growing by over 10% per annum. Now it's under 5% (the lowest since Eisenhower).

You'd had to search hard to find a metric that shows things are worse today than four years ago. At least by any normal definition of "worse".

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645948 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 2:01 PM
jwiest wrote: Everyone gets a pass on a few of their mistakes. But to get suckered at the frequency that happens to you guys takes a special form of insanity and a total lack of introspection.

You lefties have been suckered since 1933!

The New Deal was a series of economic programs enacted in the United States between 1933 and 1936. They involved presidential executive orders or laws passed by Congress during the first term of Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The programs were in response to the Great Depression and focused on what historians call the "3 Rs": Relief, Recovery and Reform. That is, relief for the unemployed and poor; recovery of the economy to normal levels; and reform of the financial system to prevent a repeat depression.

Did any of this so called save our nation? No! All it did was usher in--with the burden of additional "relief, recovery and reform" of Johnson and his leftie buddies--even more librual crap that brought us to where we are today.

Well, United States of America, the first 130 or so years of our existence were something to behold. Too bad it didn't last. The libruls got hold of us and turned it all to crap.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645951 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 2:16 PM
No, bleeding heart librul policies laid the foundation for all this. Granted, it took 70 years to turn this country into a nanny state, but we're paying the piper for it now. Every single entitlement program we are now burdened with was the brainchild of a Democrat, starting with Roosevelt and then Johnson and now Obama.

Blame the inability of Democrats to master simple arithmatic for the state we're in now.

Then how come we ran a balanced budget until Reagan came along...Reagan, who cut taxes and always asked for more money than Congress wanted to give?

And why didn't the Bush tax cuts save everyone?

And how come every chart shows Democrats are more frugal than Republicans?

And why could the Greatest Generation afford to roll out this infrastructure, and this generation of gimme-my-tax-break pansies can't afford to maintain it?

You guys just keep proving my point: you're clinging to your delusions like an addict clings to crack. The stories you freak each other out with aren't true, and your policies have no supporting data. Nobody will save you.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645978 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/28/2012 3:34 PM
You'd had to search hard to find a metric that shows things are worse today than four years ago. At least by any normal definition of "worse".

Really? How about these, genius?

Fewer people working: http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000/

even though we're WAY more in debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

than we were four years ago: http://www.usdebtclock.org/2008.html

Yeah, Obama's been AWESOME.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646035 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/29/2012 1:16 AM
Whooosh...

Wow. You really don't get it. More likely, you don't want to. All three of your links do not support your contention that things are worse now. Folded into that data are numerous factors that confound your point. That which I presented is far less confounded (though, realistically, there is bound to be some...the real world is seldom neat and tidy).

But I've already seen others try to explain that to you, and clearly it just bounced off your little bubble. Whatever. Fortunately we are NOT going to have to find out how quickly a Romney presidency would destroy utterly our democracy. He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell at this point. He's losing in most demographics, and now in most swing states.

Only hard-core don't-give-a-damn-about-facts reddies will vote for him at this point. And he even seems to be losing some of them (quite a feat!).

Obama is far from awesome, but he's a damned-sight better than either McCain or Romney. Huntsman might have given him a good run, but he wasn't insane enough for the right.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646037 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/29/2012 1:27 AM
Talk about pantloads. You just dropped enough for a whole semi of Depends.

Fewer people working than in decades. Entitlements about to explode. $6 trillion in new debt. One of the longest stretches of unemployment over 8% in decades. Downgraded credit. Trillion dollar deficits.

And oh yeah. The Middle East is in flames. Iraq is a mess. Afghanistan? In MUCH worse shape.

Only someone recovering from a head injury could think that Obama is doing a good job. One of those 8 ball things could make better decisions.

We'll see abou the election. I'm seeing a lot of morons quoting polls of registered democrats that show Obama winning (if you think the dems are going to turn 33% more than Republicans, I've got some great oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you).

But keep on talking trash. You lot are talking an awful lot of trash. Better hope Obama diesn't blow it; more than one of you is going to get your noses rubbed in it if he loses.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646038 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/29/2012 1:30 AM
Oh, by the way. Learn to argue. In terms of overall employment, deficits and debt we are as a matter of fact worse off than before.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646040 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/29/2012 2:13 AM
Recommendations: 5
Facts are not "pantsloads". But I keep forgetting that the right has stated (in public, on the record!) that facts don't matter. But I still try...

$6 trillion in new debt.

Yes, but a reversal in the rate of growth. Is that "ideal"? No. Never said it was. I said it was better than it used to be (i.e. growing at over 10%). I think it was Forbes (that liberal rag! (not!)) that did an article about Obama being a 'little spender' because of what he accomplished in this area.

One of the longest stretches of unemployment over 8% in decades.

Down from over 10% inherited from his predecessor. Despite a Congress whose sworn goal was to make things as bad as possible so Obama was a one-term POTUS.

Middle East is hardly his fault. Any more than it was Bush's fault. There is little we can do there except try to broker peace accords. But if they don't want it, they don't want it. And, IMO, they don't. (Oh...and some of those "flames" are part of the freedom movement that's been very popular over there the past two years or so. Even if I fail to see how voting for the Islamic Brotherhood gets them what they want, but at least they got to vote.)

I did forget to mention that we are in 1 less war than 4 years ago, and OBL is dead. Hopefully we'll be in zero wars within the next couple of years. We're not doing any good there now, and we won't be able to. We can't fix other people's problems.

...more than one of you is going to get your noses rubbed in it if he loses.

Fair enough. I made a strong pronouncement, so if I'm wrong I would deserve it. Don't think I'll lose any sleep over the possibility, though.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646279 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 9/30/2012 12:10 PM
Facts are not "pantsloads". But I keep forgetting that the right has stated (in public, on the record!) that facts don't matter. But I still try...

Indeed. Let's see how you spin some facts:

Yes, but a reversal in the rate of growth. Is that "ideal"? No. Never said it was. I said it was better than it used to be (i.e. growing at over 10%). I think it was Forbes (that liberal rag! (not!)) that did an article about Obama being a 'little spender' because of what he accomplished in this area.

Weak. 'Reversal in the rate of growth'. Compared to what? Bush was adding debt at the rate of 100-200 billion a year until 2008 with the *one time* TARP spend. Obama? $1 trillion a shot.

Down from over 10% inherited from his predecessor. Despite a Congress whose sworn goal was to make things as bad as possible so Obama was a one-term POTUS.

All about Boooosh! More weakness. You need to amend your statement to read, "with a Congress that had effectively no minority party opposition for two years". Yes, that's correct. The GOP could not have stopped ANYTHING budget related for 2 years.

So far your grasp of facts is suspect.

Middle East is hardly his fault. Any more than it was Bush's fault. There is little we can do there except try to broker peace accords. But if they don't want it, they don't want it. And, IMO, they don't. (Oh...and some of those "flames" are part of the freedom movement that's been very popular over there the past two years or so. Even if I fail to see how voting for the Islamic Brotherhood gets them what they want, but at least they got to vote.)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha!
Thanks for illustrating why the democrats aren't trusted on foreign affairs and never will be. The Muslim Brotherhood is there because Obama helped push Mubarak out. And he was so ignorant of the region that he didn't know that the only game in town to replace him was...the Muslim Brotherhood.

There was a perfectly acceptable and obvious model for Egypt that anyone who even casually followed the news could point to: Turkey. Its largely US-trained and equipped military has the Constitutional power to balance off any whackjob Prime Minister they get.

Did Obama look that way? Hell, no. He needed to grab some positive press for himself. You're damn right Egypt is his fault. And I've posted over and over how the Libya terrorist attack is his fault as well.

Now your post really gets funny:
I did forget to mention that we are in 1 less war than 4 years ago, and OBL is dead. Hopefully we'll be in zero wars within the next couple of years. We're not doing any good there now, and we won't be able to. We can't fix other people's problems.

Yeah, how 'bout that? Obama followed Bush's plan for Iraq. Too bad he bungled the negotiations so badly that we have zero presence there now, and the country is in trouble again. And Afghanistan? Let's put it this way: announcing a surge on the same day you announce your date of withdrawal won't make anyone forget about Sun Tzu when they mention your name.

Obama is a walking disaster. On every level.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646415 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/1/2012 2:45 PM
Recommendations: 25
and OBL is dead.

So is our Libyan ambassador, about which Obama blatantly lied from the first moment, so you can stop all the chest-thumping over this. Like, now.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646447 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/1/2012 7:35 PM
Recommendations: 22
and OBL is dead.

Obama wasn't repsonsible for that. Someone who came before him did that.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646475 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/1/2012 10:03 PM
I detect sour grapes....

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646496 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/1/2012 11:35 PM
From France to Caliphornia...

LOL.

Standard of living going down down down.

Austerity getting shoves up their butts.

Deserved.

Racist personal attacks won't change it.

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Budget cuts, teacher strikes, unemployment.

Obama 2012

JediG

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646497 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/1/2012 11:37 PM
They are parading OBL's death everywhere.

They USED to talk about due process, "international justice" during the Bush years.

Now they are killers I guess.

But then again, these Leftists LOVE the Patriot Act and Gitmo and are going to vote to re-elect the man who LOVES Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft and Gonzales policies on security......Barack Millhouse Obama.

They used to cry about "our American ideals" and "rights".

Now, they are all Cheney acolytes.

LOL Leftists.

JediG

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646530 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 8:49 AM
Recommendations: 30
I detect sour grapes....

You would. I detect someone who doesn't give a d@mn about anything but getting The One re-elected.

Chris Stevens was hung out to dry by this Administration, and then they didn't even have the decency to tell the truth about his death.

Obama wants credit for killing bin Laden. Well, okay. But it doesn't look that great when you realize (a) he turned it down three times before, because he was afraid of the political fall-out (now that's real courage), (b) Navy SEALs are ticked off not because they're not getting credit but because POTUS is taking it like he was there, (c) the rest of the Obama Foreign Policy Experiment has turned out to be a failure, and (d) the only secrets that this Administration can keep secret are Obama's transcripts.

I'm happy that Osama's dead. I'm happy that we have brave men and women in uniform that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms, even as this President seems to think our First Amendment is a problem. I'll be elated when this President is back in Chicago.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646543 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 10:39 AM
I'll be elated when this President is back in Chicago.

I'm not picky, I'll be OK with him going back to Chicago, Hawaii, Indonesia, Kenya, or just about any of his other residences.

Heck, he is such a great admirer of Venezuela, I suggest he go live there.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646568 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:01 PM
Obama wants credit for killing bin Laden. Well, okay. But it doesn't look that great when you realize (a) he turned it down three times before, because he was afraid of the political fall-out (now that's real courage), (b) Navy SEALs are ticked off not because they're not getting credit but because POTUS is taking it like he was there, (c) the rest of the Obama Foreign Policy Experiment has turned out to be a failure, and (d) the only secrets that this Administration can keep secret are Obama's transcripts.

As I heard from Krauthammer , Osama is dead and Al Queda is Alive

Osama is Dead and Al Queda is Alive
Thanks Obama

Perfect bumper sticker.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646569 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:06 PM

I'm not picky, I'll be OK with him going back to Chicago, Hawaii, Indonesia, Kenya, or just about any of his other residences.

Heck, he is such a great admirer of Venezuela, I suggest he go live there.

I have to admit, I would contribute generously to an Obama Pack!

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646570 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:20 PM
Let's count:

You would. I detect someone who doesn't give a d@mn about anything but getting The One re-elected.

Lie: 1

Chris Stevens was hung out to dry by this Administration, and then they didn't even have the decency to tell the truth about his death.

Mega Lie (worth 5): 6

Obama wants credit for killing bin Laden. Well, okay. But it doesn't look that great when you realize (a) he turned it down three times before, because he was afraid of the political fall-out (now that's real courage),

Weird revisionism (worth 1): 7

(b) Navy SEALs are ticked off not because they're not getting credit but because POTUS is taking it like he was there,

Lie, Navy Seals got all the credit. They're certainly who I think of when I think of OBL gone: 8

(c) the rest of the Obama Foreign Policy Experiment has turned out to be a failure, and

Vapid opinion (worth 0.5): 8.5

(d) the only secrets that this Administration can keep secret are Obama's transcripts.

Weird obsession with minute irrelevant details...at least he wasn't AWOL. Let's toss in birthercrap, blackpantherscrap, and miscellaneousstupidcrap you keep coming up with (worth 0.25 each): 9.5

I'm happy that Osama's dead.

Lie, you really wish Bush had done it, but pretended it was a non-issue then: 10.5

I'm happy that we have brave men and women in uniform that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms, even as this President seems to think our First Amendment is a problem.

The first part could have been true, but the "even as" makes this a lie: 11.5

Could be true, but then, I think you'd rather have him as President to give a clear focus to your rage, otherwise you have to divide it up piecemeal (worth 0.25): 11.75

Wow, 11.75 lies in one post.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646571 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:21 PM
I have to admit, I would contribute generously to an Obama Pack!
------------------

Snork!

arrete

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646572 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:38 PM
So is our Libyan ambassador, about which Obama blatantly lied from the first moment,

That is a lie.

You know it is a lie.

Or if you don't....what does that say about you?

And the dittoheads who clicked Like on such a stupid malicious unfounded lie. Do you think you people are ENTITLED! to ignore the truth and not take responsibility for acting real in a real world?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646573 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 12:48 PM
That is a lie.

You know it is a lie.

Or if you don't....what does that say about you?

Explain why it is a lie.

Unless you believe Obama actually is an idiot, he like everyone else knew. Hopefully he knew with actual hard facts as opposed to the mere obvious nature of logic that most non-idiots used.

Romney who spoke too soon, was absolutely right BTW. Another foreign policy flub. I guess if you assume Obama is not a clown being correct would have to be a flub.

So back to the point. Why would anyone believe Obama did not know better?

BTW Obama is dead and Al Queda is alive

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646583 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 2:31 PM
I detect someone who doesn't give a d@mn about anything but getting The One re-elected.

You should get your detector fixed, then.

I got a lot of problems with BHO. But Romney is an effin' nightmare (and an idiot). I'd vote for a cat before I voted for him. At least the cat couldn't do anything but cough up hairballs.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646584 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 2:32 PM
"You would. I detect someone who doesn't give a d@mn about anything but getting The One re-elected."

I detect someone who is laughed at whenever he posts anywhere but this board.

"Chris Stevens was hung out to dry by this Administration, and then they didn't even have the decency to tell the truth about his death."

Huh?

Chris Stevens wasn't hung out to dry. Chris Stevens died knowing that the risks. Believing that an ambassador needed to get out and interect with the people and not hiding behind walls of security. It is sad an tragic but it is also what made him one of the best ambassadors we had.

"Obama wants credit for killing bin Laden. Well, okay. But it doesn't look that great when you realize (a) he turned it down three times before, because he was afraid of the political fall-out (now that's real courage), (b) Navy SEALs are ticked off not because they're not getting credit but because POTUS is taking it like he was there, (c) the rest of the Obama Foreign Policy Experiment has turned out to be a failure, and (d) the only secrets that this Administration can keep secret are Obama's transcripts."

Great examples of why you are not taken seriously.

All 4 of your points are so severely distorted and misrepresented that only a blind partisan hack would fall for them. Perhaps a bit more intellectual honesty on your part might help your credibility problem.

In reality, Obama has given lots of credit to the Seals and continues to do so.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646608 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 4:31 PM
Mega Lie (worth 5): 6

Liberal math, which everyone knows means 'made up numbers used to make a touchy-feely point.' I've got a real number for you: 16,000,000,000,000.

Weird obsession with minute irrelevant details.

Yes, I am quite sure that liberals believe that our national security is an irrelevant detail. Just like Fast & Furious, Obamacare, and every other 'achievement' of this President. The point I was making, which so obviously eluded your penetrating mind, was that our secrets aren't secret with this President.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646609 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 4:31 PM
Recommendations: 24
Romney is an effin' nightmare (and an idiot). I'd vote for a cat before I voted for him. At least the cat couldn't do anything but cough up hairballs.

And what are 43 months of 8+% unemployment (closer to 15% if you count people who have given up looking for jobs), declining income, vast increase of food stamp recipients and lies about the attacks on the embassies in Muslo-land? Not exactly cupcakes.

How could Romney possibly make it worse? Do you have any specifics or are you just going by what Rachel Maddow says?

--fleg

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646610 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 4:32 PM
Osama is Dead and Al Queda is Alive
Thanks Obama

Perfect bumper sticker.

I actually kinda like "Osama is Dead, and Obama is a Lie."

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646614 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 4:38 PM
I detect someone who is laughed at whenever he posts anywhere but this board.

I detect someone who is close to being FA'd.

Oh, wait; you're a liberal, and I'm not thin-skinned. Never mind.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646617 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 4:40 PM
I actually kinda like "Osama is Dead, and Obama is a Lie."

I find the Obama is Dead Al Queda is alive is much more timely

While yours is certainly timeless.

But the folks on the fence? Throwing in that Al Queda is active, I think is a far better tactic at this point in time.

His foreign policy is an absolute disaster and any look at it makes one come to grips with his currently being quite a liar as well.

Plus it is always difficult to have folks not 'into it' accept the President is a liar. Pointing it out to them, is IMO a little more effective

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646643 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 7:02 PM
"You would. I detect someone who doesn't give a d@mn about anything but getting The One re-elected."

Or he could be like me and not give a damn who is elected. I swear I've gone in the voting booth and selected every other one like Republican-Democrat-Republican-Democrat-Republican-Democrat in the hope that if I tie them up in knots they won't get anything done and everything would stay the same. I was hoping for a stalemate.

Art

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646645 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 7:44 PM
Already gave the specifics. More than once, in fact. And I don't watch Maddow (or *any* talking-head show on any "news" network).

And, no, things are not "exactly cupcakes". I agree. They are better than they were 4 years ago, but that does not equate to "good".

How could Romney make it worse? Lessee...on his little European tour a few months ago he managed to offend almost every nation he landed in. (Imagine that talent in the White House!) His stated goals of increasing defense spending and cutting taxes on the wealthy are both disastrous (and make his other goal of bringing down the deficit impossible).

In a way he's been smart not to be too specific about things. Much of what we know we have to take from his lauding of the Ryan budget plan (which has been shredded by various non-partisan groups, including CBO as I recall). Ryan's plan was a cynical partisan piece of crap that would make the deficit worse, not better, and would trash the economy.

You can google it if you like. You'll find lots of hits like this one:
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/medicare/217019-cbo-rya...
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3708

Here's the CBO itself: http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43023

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646658 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 10:22 PM
BTW Obama is dead and Al Queda is alive - lowstudent

---------------

A Freudian slip no doubt, nevertheless, the Secret Service will be around to interview you shortly. Don't let the black helicopters startle you or your cat.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646666 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/2/2012 11:43 PM
on his little European tour a few months ago he managed to offend almost every nation he landed in. (Imagine that talent in the White House!)

Romney's speeches were massively spun to the negative by the DNC newsletters, aka NY Times, Boston Globe, etc. Mostly he pissed off some of the terrorists surrounding Israel by being politically incorrect, which is fine by me.

As far as offending other nations, let's review:

Obama massively offended the Brits by sending the bust of Winston Churchill back. And by giving their prime minister a cheesy cheap gift of a set of DVDs. And he threw some of our best allies, the Poles and Czechs, under the bus by cancelling the agreement to supply them with anti-missile technology to protect Europe against a future Iranian attack, in order to kiss Putin butt. And he failed utterly to speak up for the freedom protestors in Iran as they were being beaten in the streets by mullah thugs and hauled away to prison. Compare and contrast to Reagan supporting Lech Walesa and Solidarity in their struggle against the Polish commie thugs.

And he tripped all over himself to support the marxist thug Zelaya who was legally ousted by Honduras' congress and supreme court for violating their constitution by trying to give himself an illegal additional term as president, with the backing of Hugo Chavez.

And, much as Jimmy Carter pulled the rug out from under the Shah, ushering in the mullahs of Iran, he pulled the rug out from under Mubarak, ushering in the anti-American and anti-Semitic Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

And let's not forget his little joke about French Prime Minister Zarkozy's attractive child having inherited her looks from her mother. Real class, there.

And, more recently, the lie about the attack that killed the ambassador to Libya being caused by a stupid film, when he had advance knowledge of a planned attack and did nothing to beef up embassy security.

A syphillitic armadillo would be better at foreign policy than Obama, and Romney, with whom I am not in the least bit thrilled, is better than a syphillitc armadillo.

--fleg

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646675 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 6:12 AM
BTW Obama is dead and Al Queda is alive - lowstudent

---------------

A Freudian slip no doubt, nevertheless, the Secret Service will be around to interview you shortly. Don't let the black helicopters startle you or your cat.

Well it was Freudian in the typing, but I saw it and decided to leave it. At that point I decided I meant his election chances. But I am pretty sure that is a worse thought than the taking of his life.

After all how difficult could it be to control Biden.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646687 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 8:26 AM
That is a lie.

You know it is a lie.

LOL, it's documented that they lied about it. Get your puny head out of the liberal echo chamber and you'd know these things.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646716 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 10:14 AM
LOL, it's documented that they lied about it.

You've got the Big Lie tactic down pat. Repeat the lie, or, if called, slightly change it and restate it with scorn.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646718 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 10:41 AM
JoelCairo wrote: You've got the Big Lie tactic down pat. Repeat the lie, or, if called, slightly change it and restate it with scorn.

The biggest lie of this campaign continues to be "Our businesses have gone back to basics and created over 4 million jobs in the last 27 months — (applause) — more private sector jobs than were created during the entire seven years before this crisis — in a little over two years." ~Obama, June 14, 2012

Well, I hope tonight's moderator points out that more people have given up looking for jobs than were allegedly created in the last 27 months, and asks Obama to defend THAT statistic.

You need to get acquainted with the facts and vote on the facts alone, not some fantasy president you've been mooning over for four years.

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-economic-sleight-of-hand...

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646722 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 11:25 AM
Or he could be like me and not give a damn who is elected. I swear I've gone in the voting booth and selected every other one like Republican-Democrat-Republican-Democrat-Republican-Democrat in the hope that if I tie them up in knots they won't get anything done and everything would stay the same. I was hoping for a stalemate.

Well, I can appreciate that. In Canada it was better with a Conservative minority government than a Conservative majority government.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646795 of 756652
Subject: Re: jwiest, save us! Date: 10/3/2012 5:33 PM
Dude,do you have trouble staying on topic? Or using support that actually supports you?

Your chart shows Obama up by a few thousand. And shows that Obama's regulatory efforts were far better for the economy than Bush's.
\
But it doesn't support your unverified assertion that more people have given up looking for work than have found employment. Putting aside the fact that you don't want the government involved with creaating jobs, and it is your heroes, job creators like Bain Capital and other firms who "harvest" businesses that actually produce things or deliver services -- who have not done the job of creating jobs.

What any of this has to do with a thread about Lybia is beyond me -- maybe you can check with Herman Cain on that one.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (58) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement