Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jranidae Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 428  
Subject: Kafkaesque censorship by Verio Date: 8/18/2001 1:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2001/8/17/10349/1940

I just went through the ordeal of having one of my websites censored. My ISP received a complaint about "defamatory statements" on my site. When I asked them exactly where the alleged statements were and who had made the complaint they told me, and I quote: "We are not required to disclose the information you requested ... remove the contents from your site or your services will be terminated".

Thanks Verio!

(if you have suggestions for a new ISP please post below)

For the record, my "website" was really only one webpage that was essentially an "under construction" notice. Here are the contents of the now censored page in its entirety.

Who Created this Site?

The site was first produced in 1998 by then 15 year old Scott Brady. As of early 2001 Scott is now 18 and finishing up his senior year of high school studies.

Where Did the Rest of the Site Go?

I was forced to take down the site due to turmoil in my personal life. In the spring of 2000 my father left our family and moved to Albany. My parents are currently in the middle of a bitter, drawn-out divorce.

When Will the Site Return?

When the divorce is over and I have settled into college I plan on resuming the production of the site. I don't know exactly when that day will be but I wish it was today.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement