UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 881718  
Subject: Re: Retire on the cheap Date: 1/19/2013 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Kahuna ~

I will retire in my 2 bedroom condo on the Pacific in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96745. Bought the Condo for cash in Spring 1994.

That is so great! I know you will appreciate the glorious weather compared to Kansas/Missouri winters. Of course, there is lots to love about the Midwest but, as I get older, I appreciate warm feet and hands.

The past few weeks I have been watching a show on HGTV called, "Hawaii Life" and have been very surprised at the affordable pricing. I am guessing that their real estate also had a downturn like all of the nation but there is a lot to be said for not having to deal with heat or air conditioning. I have some friends that have a large condo in Maui and they are there for 3-4 months during the winter. The rest of the time they are in Colorado and enjoy their waterfront home as well. They have four children whom they home school so it is great that everything is so portable and life goes on. My best to you and I am so happy that you have made wise decisions that will make your retirement a great one! When do you plan on permanently residing in Hawaii?

Robyn
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement