UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736336  
Subject: Kale! Date: 7/6/2013 10:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As I experiment to figure out how to eat more kale, here's an article about the wonders of kale.

This Is Your Brain on Kale
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/drew-ramsey-md/health-benefits...

I love recommending kale for three fundamental reasons: Kale tops the charts of nutrient density, possesses incredible culinary flexibility [well, I'd debate this point] and is easy to grow almost anywhere. My ultimate measure of a food is its power to support brain health, and it is clear that more kale in your diet means a happier, healthier, sexier you -- all the basic signs that your brain is running well.

How does kale do this? What's the miracle in that crunch? Let's start with the power of phytonutrients, molecules in plants that do amazing things. One called sulfurophane travels from your kale smoothie to your liver where it amps up your body's natural detox power. Another called kaempferol is truly the fountain of youth -- it turns on the genes that promote longer life. (Move over red wine resveratrol.) Add to this mix carotenoids, which Harvard University just linked to one's overall sense of optimism, and glucosinolates, a known cancer fighter, and it is clear that kale is good medicine.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688176 of 736336
Subject: Re: Kale! Date: 7/7/2013 1:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
" figure out how to eat more kale"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My grandmother used to put ketchup on it.

She did the same thing with a lot of things.

Ketchup was cheap and she liked it.

Kale was sheap but she was not fond of it.

Howie52

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688444 of 736336
Subject: Re: Kale! Date: 7/9/2013 11:25 PM
Kale smoothies!

http://kalesmoothierecipes.com

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688836 of 736336
Subject: Re: Kale! Date: 7/14/2013 12:00 AM
A kale CHOCOLATE smoothie. Can you imagine?!

http://50shadesofkale.com/bonus-kale-dessert/?setuser=1198

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement