Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Kartha1 asked:

<1. I will hit the AGI upper limit for joint filing and thus not qualify for the Roth IRA contribution. Can I still contribute to a non-deductible IRA? <

Danny replied:

<Yes. You can always choose to contribute up to $2000 to a non-deductible IRA. >

A followup question is whether I can convert back and forth between regular non-deductible IRA to Roth-IRA accounts as my AGI permits in a given year. By doing so:
a. Is there any advantage?
b. any loss in conversion
c. hastles in the process?

Any pointers appreciated.

- mouli
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.