UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (368) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756637  
Subject: Re: Gay's should not have religious marriages Date: 8/3/2003 5:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 129
Katinga: It's rather about sacred honor, and the union is effectively defined there as heterosexual because it is a hetero-union, between unlikes, which parallels the union between Christ and the church, also unlikes.

Before there ever was a "Jesus" humans were getting married. To say that one needs to be a "Christian" to be married is ludicrous, ethnocentrist, and just plain ignorant. There are BILLIONS of humans around the world who are NOT Christians who have been and will continue to be married. It just plain boggles my mind that people can be so narrow minded and live in such little worlds that they believe that their beliefs and little worlds that they live in are the only worlds possible.

There is no way that I could make a list of all the different types of religions in the world, but just to name a few, there are Pagans, Wiccans, Animists, Zoroastrians, Isis and Osiris worshippers, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, etc., etc., etc., and I would dare say that most if not all of these people have marriage as part of their lives in some form or other. In fact, North American Indians had "Berdaches" who were essentially "homosexuals" who participated and were involved in being married.

One does NOT have to be "Christian" to be married, nor are all religions in the world as narrow minded and intolerant and "exclusivist" as Christianity is. I seem to recall reading something about whole groups of Hindus who are homosexual or transvestites who are accepted in Hindu society. I don't know if they get married or not, but they're are certainly not as ostracized and hidden as homosexuals in the United States are. There is supposed to be a seperation of Church and State in the United States but the laws and rules certainly don't bare it out. Americans are so narrow minded and sexually repressed it would be funny if it weren't so sad.
- Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (368) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement