UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LtUhura Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4657  
Subject: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/16/2004 3:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
My sister just applied for Trading Spaces. I so want her to get on. I just had two words of advice for her:

1. If Hildi is one of the designers, angle to work with her. That way you know your room is safe.

2. If you don't like the room, please don't lie and say it's beautiful. Look around sadly, shake your head and say, "This really sucks." Please. For me. You know I'd do it for you.

Uhura
Print the post Back To Top
Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3339 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/16/2004 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
If you don't like the room, please don't lie and say it's beautiful. Look around sadly, shake your head and say, "This really sucks." Please. For [Uhura].

And for me, speak directly into the Paige Cam and say:

"Paige, you are probably a really nice person off-camera. But on camera, you are the most annoying human on the planet. Now, go away."

snippee
hoping she gets on the show, even if she doesn't say any of that

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3340 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/16/2004 4:19 PM
Recommendations: 1
My sister just applied for Trading Spaces. I so want her to get on.

I think I'd rather be on Changing Rooms.

Preferably working with Anna.

Unfortunately... wrong continent.

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3341 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/16/2004 4:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
If you don't like the room, please don't lie and say it's beautiful. Look around sadly, shake your head and say, "This really sucks." Please. For me. You know I'd do it for you.

I just hate it when someone says they love a room which I'm sure they hate (b/c I hate it) --

However, often (perhaps usually) when someone says they don't like a room they sound really whiney and unpleasant. And I don't like that either. It seems that they sound that way b/c they're really, really disappointed. They're tired and they've had dreams of a terrific new look. The worst is when the person (actually the woman) says "It's not what I would have done." "Well," I want to say "we saw what you did with the room and it was beyond horrible, so we know this isn't what you'd do."

I know that the neighbors have done their best with a room and worked hard and it just seems so un-generous somehow. I can't have it both ways but I keep trying -- cognitive dissonance.

As far as Paige, the thing I can't stand is the conceit about her being "in charge." As if she really give permission for someone to go over budget, like the time when Hildi left the furniture outside and it rained. And as if she's supervising the designers to make sure they get everything done on time.

Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3343 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/16/2004 6:07 PM
I like it when they hate the room and admit it, but laugh about it and have a good attitude. It is amazing to me the people who get mad or blame their neighbors for the outcome. Having watched the show (and you assume they watch the show before applying), they should know what they are getting into and that the the neighbors really don't have much say.

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3344 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/17/2004 11:48 AM
Recommendations: 1
I am still offering cash for Gen's phone number, autographed pic, or underwear.

RJ

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3354 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/22/2004 3:43 PM
If you don't like the room, please don't lie and say it's beautiful. Look around sadly, shake your head and say, "This really sucks." Please. For [Uhura].

And for me, speak directly into the Paige Cam and say:

"Paige, you are probably a really nice person off-camera. But on camera, you are the most annoying human on the planet. Now, go away."

snippee

I agree with you. She has a pretty smile and all but her my-life-is-full-of-sunshine-and-flowers attitude makes you pray to God that one day she just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and starts screaming at people that they have no idea what the heck they are doing. I like people to act real. Her continuous cheerful and smiley attitude makes my mouth hurt. I will laugh so hard if it gets stuck like that one day. Even in her coffin people will say, "You know that Paige...always smiling."

Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3357 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/23/2004 10:38 AM
Recommendations: 4

snippee

I agree with you. She has a pretty smile and all but her my-life-is-full-of-sunshine-and-flowers attitude makes you pray to God that one day she just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and starts screaming at people that they have no idea what the heck they are doing. I like people to act real. Her continuous cheerful and smiley attitude makes my mouth hurt. I will laugh so hard if it gets stuck like that one day. Even in her coffin people will say, "You know that Paige...always smiling."

I, on the other hand, really like Paige. I think she's fun to watch and I like her willing-to-try-anything positive attitude.

Karen

Author: jhansen17 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3358 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/23/2004 11:42 AM
Recommendations: 2
I, on the other hand, really like Paige. I think she's fun to watch and I like her willing-to-try-anything positive attitude.

Karen

I'm with you, Karen. I'm kind of baffled by the hatin' on the board. Never miss a chance to stick in a cheap shot on Hildi, Doug, Paige, et al.

Yes Hildi pushes the envelope. Sometimes she rips it to shreds. No she doesn't give a rat's patoot about the home owners. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

Yes Doug comes off as a lazy bum sometimes. Personally I think it's all tongue in cheek. He also pushes the envelope and doesn't always put a high premium on the home owners' needs or desires.

Paige is a bit perky. Some of her bits are obviously staged and hokey. Only the most naive viewers can believe she is actually "in charge." In spite of all this I still like her. She strikes me as down-to-earth, the kind of person I think I could hang out with. Maybe it's the magic of TV, but if so it works for me.

JH
back to the sidelines

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3359 of 4657
Subject: Re: Keep your fingers crossed! Date: 3/23/2004 5:39 PM
jrdown: [MPDP] has a pretty smile and all but her my-life-is-full-of-sunshine-and-flowers attitude makes you pray to God that one day she just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and starts screaming at people that they have no idea what the heck they are doing. I like people to act real. Her continuous cheerful and smiley attitude makes my mouth hurt. I will laugh so hard if it gets stuck like that one day. Even in her coffin people will say, "You know that Paige...always smiling."

Um, okay.

FTR, i don't wish her any harm. I just wish she'd go away. *shrug*

I don't watch TS anymore for a variety of reasons - mainly, because we no longer have cable :) but i'd stopped watching before that - so i can only get the occasional anti-MPDP snark in.

As always, i apologize to her fan club. It's nothing personal.

snippee
recommends the TWoP recaps for a good dose of anti-MPDP snark

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement