Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gourmetcook23 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71394  
Subject: Keeping an Old Car Date: 6/1/2001 7:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Brava! for reiterating that keeping an old car makes more financial sense than paying for a new one for 4 years. I drive a 1980 Porsche, that I bought new, so it is now 21 years old. I have put a few thousand dollars a year into maintenance, and last year I invested in a new paint job, assuming I could continue to drive it another 4 years. Today, a policeman spotted me (and the car) and asked me to call him when I wanted to sell it. So, that reinforces my initial thought that buying a good quality car, taking care of it, and biting the bullet for maintenance occasionally is a good strategy. Since new Porsches cost around $90,000, you can do the math and see how much better off I am. Of course, the argument could be made that I don't need to spend $90,000 on a new Porsche, ever, but that's another story.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement