UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BillW321 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76398  
Subject: Keoghs Date: 3/4/1998 1:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am self employed (farmer) and currently have a Keogh set up, but am interested in a plan that I might be able to set up as self-directed if there is such a thing. I've seen the articles and questions on IRA's, but nothing on Keogh's. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if there are any discount brokers out there that handle these I would be interested in - I have not found any. Your help earlier in the year with my 15 year olds IRA was much appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: guch One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2069 of 76398
Subject: Re: Keoghs Date: 3/4/1998 4:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
<I am self employed (farmer) and currently have a Keogh set up, but am interested in a plan that I might be able to set up as self-directed if there is such a thing. I've seen the articles and questions on IRA's, but nothing on Keogh's. >

I have had self directed Keoghs (money purchase and profit sharing) with Fidelity for over 10 years. I am sure there are many others.

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2075 of 76398
Subject: Re: Keoghs Date: 3/4/1998 8:44 PM
Greetings, BillW321, and welcome.

<<I am self employed (farmer) and currently have a Keogh set up, but am interested in a plan that I might be able to set up as self-directed if there is such a thing. I've seen the articles and questions on IRA's, but nothing on Keogh's. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if there are any discount brokers out there that handle these I would be interested in - I have not found any. Your help earlier in the year with my 15 year olds IRA was much appreciated.>>

I don't know about the discounters, but I do know Fidelity and Vanguard both have prototype Keogh plans that provide for a self-directed option. I'm sure there are some discounters who do, too, so the best thing to do is let our fingers do the walking and start calling around.

Regards…..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement