No. of Recommendations: 4
In all the hoopla of the Olympics, the major media missed the biggest story last week when John Kerry made a surprise visit to Athens.......

......He did pretty well, he was only there for 40 minutes and came home with 6 Medals!

<Bada-Bing!>

Yoda
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
In all the hoopla of the Olympics, the major media missed the biggest story last week when John Kerry made a surprise visit to Athens.......

......He did pretty well, he was only there for 40 minutes and came home with 6 Medals!

<Bada-Bing!>

Yoda

Was he actually in Athens.....or outside the city limits? Was the report of his visit made by a third party or are we just trusting Kerry's word on this. Sounds pretty damned fishy to me. :-)
Yeah, but then he threw those medals over the wall when he got back - or were they someone else's?
No. of Recommendations: 5

<Bada-Bing!>

Heard Bush was there three years, fours years... well, nobody knows for sure how long he was there... but he was completely at ease in the toga and grape leaf crown.

Medal count: zero.
Mocking a decorated war hero once again. You all should be so proud of yourselves.
Mocking a decorated war hero once again. You all should be so proud of yourselves.

Kerry is the one who threw his medals and accused his fellow vets of war crimes.
No. of Recommendations: 1

How many medals did Bush get while he was there?

Oh, that's right. He wasn't.

Erik
No. of Recommendations: 4
----------------------

I, too, am a decorated American Veteran, with 21 years of service to this country. I have EARNED the right to critize anyone I please.

For the record,

Yoda
Yoda writes:

--------
I, too, am a decorated American Veteran, with 21 years of service to this country. I have EARNED the right to critize anyone I please.
--------

Just because you have earned the right to do something, doesn't make it the right thing to do. Thank you for serving our country, but I disagree with you on this issue.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Just because you have earned the right to do something, doesn't make it the right thing to do. Thank you for serving our country, but I disagree with you on this issue.
---------------------------

And what issue is that, exactly? That it's not OK to critizize a candidate for office? Of course it's OK.....it's part of the very heart of democracy. Are you suggesting critizing Kerry is wrong? Or, more specifically, critizing Kerry and his war medals is wrong?

You know, I'm willing to stipulate Kerry won every one of his medals "free & clear" with no controversy whatsoever.

What disgusts me about Kerry & his medals is simply this: He uses them for whatever political gain he can get. First, he earns them, and gets home early. Then, when politically expedient to do so, he throws them away to make a statement. If you want to throw your medals away, then fine. Do it. But don't (figuratively) pick them up, dust them off & display them proudly in your Senate office later. And don't run on your war record after becoming an anti-war advocate.

Kerry's medals aren't the real issue. But Vets are the most qualified voters to judge him on this issue. How he has treated his medals shows an amazing lack of character. That's what I despise about John Kerry.

Yoda
Advertisement