Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Crapshooter2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: KEY-TSE UPDATE Date: 3/12/2000 3:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Trading day is here, so this is my last update on my original KEY-TSE picks. Leaving the fold are Nortel, Celestica, and BCE Emergis. The new team includes Descartes Systems Group (DSG), Certicom (CIC), and Angiotech Pharmaceuticals (ANP). JDS Uniphase and Research in Motion are staying on for another quarter. All trades will be done Monday morning, with the sales being done at the open, and the buys about an hour later.

The RS-TSE will be retaining only Surefire Commerce (MTP), to be joined by NETgraphe (WWW), Global Thermoelectric (GLE), Infowave Software (IW), and Mobile Computing (MBL).

The options port was very successful this past quarter, I just wish it was a real money demo. Overall the options made a profit of $14,515.00 on an initial investment of $5,835.00 (248.76%). That is really good, considering the options were all at-the-money, instead of 10% out-of-the-money at purchase, since there weren't proper strike prices available at the time. Just goes to show that the most important factor is good underlying stock selection.

WEEKLY PERCENTAGE CHANGE SUMMARY

________THIS WEEK_______YTD_____SINCE INCEPTION
KEY-TSE__-4.35%_________64.39%_________ 96.79%
RS-TSE___-8.71%_________78.32%_________ 68.58%
TSE300____0.26%_________12.76%_________ 21.30%
S&P500___-1.00%_________-5.05%_________ -0.93%

KEY-TSE

NT 3.88%
JDU -1.14%
CLS 6.41%
RIM -10.19%
IFM -9.89%

RS-TSE

MTP -4.91%
MGI -5.41%
NII -17.40%
COR 4.27%
RIM -10.19%

Last Week's Update:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1050013000320000&sort=id

Screen Descriptions:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1050013000228000&sort=id

Crapshooter

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement