Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Crapshooter2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: KEY-TSE UPDATE Date: 4/9/2000 11:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, folks, I've been on vacation for the past week and a half, so I missed updating you last week.

What a two weeks we've had since my last update. Reminds me of some old saying I heard, that I can't exactly quote, but it goes something like, when everything seems great it isn't as great as it seems, and when everything seems lousy it isn't as lousy at it seems.

Looking back to when the KEY-TSE real money port was up 109% in three months, I knew it couldn't get any better than that. And it didn't!

But now, after about 5 weeks of incredible ups and downs, the port is still up 38.5% since Dec.10, when I began this roller coaster ride. Is there ANYONE reading this who would be unhappy with 38.5% for a WHOLE YEAR? We must put this into the proper perspective. I don't intend to spend this money for years and years, so does it really matter whether it is up 5% this week, down 15% next week, and up 25% the week after that? OF COURSE NOT!

Posting the weekly results here are simply for discusion and human interest sake. Hopefully we can follow these screens and learn how to make adjustments to them to improve results. The most important thing that I think that we can gain by sharing our results online, is to keep our heads about us during times of high stress in the crazy stock market, to keep a long term perspective. I got involved with MI screens last summer, and went through some very rocky times last August and September. I made a couple of mistakes along the way, but for the most part I held on and went on to make some stellar gains later in the year and this year. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If, on Dec.10 of this year, I am still up exactly 38.5%, no more, no less, it will still have been a fabulous year! But, it will also be somewhat meaningless unless I sell everything and spend the money. What really matters is where the KEY-TSE is 10 years from now, or whenever it is that I decide to take some money out, right?

Personally, I'm betting that it will be quite a bit higher than it is right now.

These results cover the last two weeks:

WEEKLY PERCENTAGE CHANGE SUMMARY

________THIS WEEK_______YTD_____SINCE INCEPTION
KEY-TSE__-20.92%_______15.73%______38.53%
RS-TSE___-23.20%______-17.22%_____-21.74%
TSE300____-5.84%_______12.50%______21.02%
S&P500____-0.73%________3.21%_______7.69%

KEY-TSE

JDU -9.28%
RIM -32.33%
DSG -22.20%
CIC -20.90%
ANP -11.94%

RS-TSE

WWW -16.93%
GLE -23.48%
IW -16.39%
MTP -19.00%
MBL -39.75%

Last Week's Update:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1050013000331000&sort=id

Screen Descriptions:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1050013000228000&sort=id

Crapshooter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement