UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/17/2007 8:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Yeehaw, my man Greg did it. He's a sweetheart.

Regards,

Levka.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3294 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/17/2007 9:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Best line of the night: When one of the kids managed to get all the Presidents in order, one of his group's members said: "Sure, he knows his Presidents...but that doesn't mean he'll make a good leader. Look at George Bush...he's not even smart and he's been our leader twice." Good stuff. That said, I don't think I could have put those Presidents in order.

This was a good episode I thought. Even though I didn't like Greg, he does seem to have changed and since more than one kid acknowledged he had, I'll have to assume it actually happened. I was very surprised that Anjay managed to hold his post, but pleased with the other three council members. I was starting to worry that Taylor was going to slip by based on the girl votes but again, those kids seem to have a lot more sense that I give them credit for.

-nab

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3295 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/17/2007 9:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
Greg totally rocks and always has! He is a decent good kid who deserved a gold star for his hard work and has his head on straight on what to do with his money. I am so happy creepy Mike the weasel is gone who stood in way of Greg's reward all these weeks.

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3296 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/17/2007 9:25 PM
Recommendations: 1
I liked Taylor at first and now I absolutely love her. Not such a good leader for the overall good of Bonanza City but she is hilarious and stands up for what she believes in, even if it is sleeping in and having others deal with her decisions. She reminds me of a lot of our current political leaders.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3297 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/18/2007 10:16 AM
I am curious to see whether Taylor makes a good 'citizen' of BC, now that she is off the council, or whether she will now try to undermine the new leader and still boss around others. Will she be disruptive to the whole?

The thing about Mike is that he never considers that it is not all about him, it might just be about Guyland being a great 'natural leader'.
It isn't that specifically he did something wrong - it is that everyone thinks that someone else can do better. They are two different things.
Will he be a good citizen as well? Or will he need disproportionate amounts of attention, that he got by just being on the council.
I think Anjay for sure would have been a good citizen if he lost, but these other two, I am not so sure.

peace & citizenship
t

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3298 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/18/2007 10:21 AM
I am curious to see whether Taylor makes a good 'citizen' of BC, now that she is off the council, or whether she will now try to undermine the new leader and still boss around others.

We'll just have to wait and see but something tells me Taylor's beauty queen pageantry has set her up for a lifetime of thinking she's superior to everyone else, and as such will probably not like taking a backseat to the new leader.

-nab

Author: cinesage One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3299 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/19/2007 9:59 AM
"Best line of the night: When one of the kids managed to get all the Presidents in order, one of his group's members said: "Sure, he knows his Presidents...but that doesn't mean he'll make a good leader. Look at George Bush...he's not even smart and he's been our leader twice." Good stuff. That said, I don't think I could have put those Presidents in order."

Well, the show does air on CBS after all. The editors were either trying to support the channel's party line, remind us that the "pioneers" are children, or both. Let's hope that the ignorant little girl who made the statement can overcome her parents' politics when she grows up, and learns to think for herself. Obviously, she's been brainwashed into believing that one doesn't have to be smart to graduate from Yale, earn an MBA from Harvard, become Governor of a state, or be elected POTUS twice.

Anyway, what I found interesting about this week's contest was the fact that there were multiple cards for each President, and yet none of the teams happened to find two of the same. Coincidence or more editing?

My kids were glad to see Taylor voted out, but were split on Mike. Both like Laurel and said (before the program began) that they hoped she would remain a council member. If I were in her group, I'd vote for her too given that her teammates had received three of the four gold stars up to last night's program, even though they'd also been the laborers the most.

Ironically, the youngest yellow team still hasn't been the laborers! We all agree that we haven't really seen enough of Anjay to know whether he's been a good leader or not; his opponent seemed to think that merely running against him (vs. having any ideas or leadership skills of her own) would be enough to defeat him. It wasn't, which is not a bad lesson for kids to learn.

Mike has a chance to show what he's made of now that he's no longer in office. Will he support Guylan (who we met for the first time last night, at the expense of Jared's usual screentime) like he said he would after admitting his own humiliation ("that sucked")? I think we already know what Taylor will do per the preview of next week's show.

I'm still bothered by the fact that we only "know" about a dozen of the 38 kids so far (and the rate of introduction is declining); they skipped the "who wants to go home?" this week. I also wonder if/when the kids will question whether they have to do what "the book" says each week, and if they'll hold elections again. At the current pace (five episodes/15 days), there should be at least one more election cycle before the 40 days are up.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3300 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/19/2007 2:32 PM
Best line of the night: When one of the kids managed to get all the Presidents in order, one of his group's members said: "Sure, he knows his Presidents...but that doesn't mean he'll make a good leader. Look at George Bush...he's not even smart and he's been our leader twice." Good stuff. That said, I don't think I could have put those Presidents in order.

I think I heard that line differently.

It sounded like a back-handed compliment to Bush.

The way I heard it was more like, "Sure, he is smart, but that does not mean he would make a good leader. Bush is not very smart but he has been President twice."

In other words, it does not take smarts to be a good leader.

I will see if I can find it at CBS.com.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3301 of 3734
Subject: Re: Kid Nation 10/17/07 Date: 10/22/2007 5:11 PM
Got it, you did hear the line wrong:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/video.php?mode=episodes&episode=&showid=164719&autostart=1

"We won with the help of Zach, but just because he knows his Presidents doesn't mean he is the best leader. I mean, look at GWB, he's not smart at all but he won the US Presidency, two times in a row."

Sound's like a backhanded compliment to Bush to me.

Still think it is the best line? :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement