UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37051  
Subject: Kinda good news I guess Date: 11/12/2012 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
So I'll be having some work done in my basement* so I figured I'd go through the house & have a big pile of stuff to donate. Apparently I do too good a job of keeping clutter at bay because my pile of stuff to donate is pretty small. Well, it's acceptable but I was hoping for so much more to go out. I did go through my clothes again & culled a bit more. So while I can't post that I got rid of 2 cars worth of stuff I can post that I didn't have much that isn't being used. That's good right?

Michele
*the insulation in the basement could very well be making me sick - joy! And it's never a good sign when the contractor says he's not happy with the estimate & wants more time to see if he can get it down some more.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35978 of 37051
Subject: Re: Kinda good news I guess Date: 11/12/2012 1:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You did great, Michele! As you stay on top of de-cluttering you will have smaller amounts to donate but that is a good thing!

Robyn
BTW, that is how my sister spells her name!

Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35979 of 37051
Subject: Re: Kinda good news I guess Date: 11/12/2012 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
BTW, that is how my sister spells her name!

Your sister is wonderful! Or rather your parents were for spelling it that way if they did so. And I so appreciate you spelling it correctly (for me).

Michele
still wanted a lot to go but really, when I look around my house, I don't have stuff piled up, everything has a place ... very peaceful

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35980 of 37051
Subject: Re: Kinda good news I guess Date: 11/12/2012 6:03 PM
Recommendations: 1
I applaud you for checking for the extra stuff. I'm sure you've found enough to make the donation a valuable action this week/month.
and it's great that you have clean, comfortable spaces.

Now about that sense that there might be more to give away:
sometimes it helps me to consider if there are things that I have stacked up as though I am going to get to them soon. I remember taking several months to realize that I won't be making another quilt, so I don't need patterns or fabric. (and the quilting circle that works on coverlets for foster children was happy to accept my fabric).

A book that has stuck with me is from 1980 by Doris Janzen Longacre
"Living More with Less is a very practical book about living simply and being less attached to wealth and material possessions. It is full of hundreds of small and workable suggestions for making do"
(form my public library).
One of the stories was a person who was in India (as a church volunteer). She was living in the south and has switched to wearing a sari for comfort. A young woman received a chance to move north and work. She and her family couldn't afford new clothes. The American woman was happy to give the young woman a western, business outfit. Then she spent a couple of days in prayer about giving the young woman her second outfit. Writing about it afterwards, the American says I was right to give both and marvel now at how long I pondered the decision.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement