Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BroadwayDan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265  
Subject: Kinder/Gentler Bway - New $Saving Tip Date: 3/15/2002 11:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Howdy Folks!

It's taken me five days to digest the soul-wrenching horror of not placing in the top ten this week. But while the old BroadwayDan would have ranted about foul demons, vile blackhearted spirits birthed from 'tween Satan's buttocks, and moonshine-soaked judges and then capped it all off with something about having to ingest all the horse laxatives on earth to express my truest feelings, alas!, there is a new BroadwayDan. A kinder, gentler BroadwayDan.

I'm tossing my whomping paddle (which was apparently broken anyway) and wishing all well. And I'm just so incredibly grateful that my smash-hit song "Be a Fool" was posted along with the winners. Whoever said "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" was silly. Like I used to be. This contest is about having fun, and celebrating being Foolish! To know that I may have made some people chuckle or even, dare I say - giggle like schoolgirls? - is enough for me. I should have to pay TMF an extra $100 this year for teaching me such an invaluable lesson.

And to contribute in good faith to the last contest, let me tell my fellow Fools about a web site I found called "LeaseTrader.Com". This is a site that allows you to pick up the lease of some poor chump-sucker who got in over his/her head and must get out at a big fat loss -to YOU! Apparently you can pick up someone's lease for NO MONEY DOWN and FOR LESS than they pay! I found it 'cause I was once dumb enough two years ago to lease a Volvo S40 when I belong in a freakin' Ford Pinto. I haven't used them yet, but they seem righteous and it seems like an opportunity to turn something that's usually un-Foolish (leasing a car) into something that I think is pretty darn Foolish.

Fool On into the HomeSretch, all! And Jack24K and ShawnR33, I especially wish the two of you the best of luck. Gosh I hope you two whomp me! In fact, I hope everyone whomps me 'cause then just think how many more life lessons I'll learn! Yee Ha! But most importantly, won't you all join me in a deep and solemn prayer that we all just have lots of fun, and continue to learn and grow together?

Toodle-oo!,

BroadwayDan

P.S. (Mmmm, whompin')
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement