Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DragoninWinter Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3306  
Subject: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/18/2010 10:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My kindle gave up yesterday, the screen is stuck on a screensaver/standby pic, but half the screen is blank

apparently this is a frequent problem according to posts on the web

I bought it end of February early march 2009, so it is out of warranty

June 17, 2009 death of kindle RIP
Print the post Back To Top
Author: juliej1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3289 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/18/2010 8:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry about your Kindle.

Sometimes I think electronics have warranty sensors. My 22" monitor died suddenly just a few weeks after it's warranty expired.

Julie

- still Kindleless

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3290 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/21/2010 6:58 AM
"My kindle gave up yesterday, the screen is stuck on a screensaver/standby pic, but half the screen is blank

apparently this is a frequent problem according to posts on the web

I bought it end of February early march 2009, so it is out of warranty

June 17, 2009 death of kindle RIP "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pssst.
It is 2010.
Four month life would be a major problem.
Course, 16 month life is not a great recommendation.

Howie52
Electronics generally do not take well to jostling and
vibrations - so you'd expect the traveling screens to
be short lived. Pretty neat stuff though.
Any chance for repair?

Author: DragoninWinter Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3291 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/24/2010 11:54 AM
Recommendations: 1
it's really weird, but the things I expect to die (my monitor is a tv that bought as a display model clearance) last forever, and then the stuff that looks like it should last, do not.

Even with the new price cut on the kindle, I really don't see how they expect people to buy it with both poor reliability and the Ipad as a competitor

Author: DragoninWinter Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3292 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/24/2010 11:59 AM
Recommendations: 2

Pssst.
It is 2010.
Four month life would be a major problem.
Course, 16 month life is not a great recommendation.

Howie52
Electronics generally do not take well to jostling and
vibrations - so you'd expect the traveling screens to
be short lived. Pretty neat stuff though.
Any chance for repair?

Last I had heard, it is 180 to repair
Since I have the iPad, I think I will forego sinking money into the kindle

I will miss the smaller size, and the easier import of online fiction though

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3293 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 6/24/2010 3:14 PM
"it's really weird, but the things I expect to die (my monitor is a tv that bought as a display model clearance) last forever, and then the stuff that looks like it should last, do not."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Things are impacted by other things.
Looks are interpretations by people - things interpret things
thingurlily.

Howie52
I have avoided buying any of the pad thingies. I got laid off
back at the end of January and am not buying things that have
no immediate benefit.
In fact I am beginning to dispose of old electronics and such
outmoded things.

Author: DragoninWinter Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3294 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 8/9/2010 4:30 PM

Howie52
no immediate benefit.

sry to hear that Howie

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3296 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 8/9/2010 7:10 PM
"Howie52
no immediate benefit.

sry to hear that Howie "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then feel a little better.
I got hired a week ago.
Less money - but better than unemployment.

Howie52

Author: DragoninWinter Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3297 of 3306
Subject: Re: Kindle died, it is sad Date: 8/10/2010 12:37 PM
congrats on your new job, I am very glad to hear that you are working

(too many people I know are out of work)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement