UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cinesage One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I’ve been watching this show with my daughters, ages 12 and 15. I watched the first episode by myself, first, to see if it was boring, appropriate, etc. before deciding whether to let them watch it; since, we’ve seen the last two episodes (2 & 3) together.

Having watched Survivor in the past, though I was late to that reality show (the first series I saw was the first “All-Star” series; then I watched for a couple of more seasons before I realized it was all about who could lie and backstab the best), I noticed several similarities: a Jeff Probst-like host, challenges with rewards, a three day structure etc., though no one gets voted out of town (individual kids decide for themselves).

I’ve tried to keep my opinions to myself, to let the girls form their own without my influence, and it’s interesting to see which kids they identify with, like, dislike, etc. ... and to see their initial opinions change over time. Taylor was a favorite of both initially, but has fallen out of favor completely. My oldest was put-off during episode 2 when she decided to remain in bed (too cold) in lieu of cooking breakfast. She’s definitely not a leader. My youngest (all of us) had a little much of “deal with it” this week.

Jared is so much like a boy that lives on our street (with whom we carpool to school each day) that it’s like watching someone we know. He’s definitely different: odd, strange and a little bit anti-social (e.g. keeps to himself), but no more or less self absorbed than anyone else at that age.

We’ve had the same questions about the town council as other viewers - can the town council be changed, voted out, or wouldn’t they want to step down in order to have a chance at a gold star (unless they were promised some sort of compensation by the show’s producers to prevent their resigning)? I’m curious as to whether they gave the 40 kids some sort of aptitude test in order to choose the initial council or not; clearly the ones chosen are not very good leaders.

It’s great to see some of the personalities emerge, but think about it, we’ve only “met” a handful of the kids thus far. Episode 3 introduced us to Morgan and Colton, and there was that girl who wanted to protect the chickens - my oldest thought they should be able to vote her off the island, and she’s an animal lover to the extreme (though not a vegetarian, yet) - otherwise, in addition to the council members, we “know” Sophia, Michael, Jared, and Greg ... that’s about 25% of the kids so far.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3252 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 1:20 PM
I think it's a pretty good show all things considered.

PS: Greg was "robbed" from getting a gold star again (he is a very hard worker and can do things the other kids can't) but it was very sweet the little girl (Mallory?) got the star and to talk to her parents on her birthday. Greg is just going to have to deal with it till next week.

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3253 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 1:30 PM
I'd like to know how the kids were chosen. We all know that (some) Survivor contestants are recruited based on personality quotients and to assure an interesting mix (read "volatile"). With kids this young it would be interesting to know the casting criteria. Maybe Fuskie can shed some light on how his friend's son was chosen.

Taylor is a spoiled brat. Her parents must be cringing, watching her shameful behavior. Maybe since she was called out (again) at the town meeting, she'll realize her spot as leader isn't guaranteed. Or not.

I thought giving the gold star to the little homesick girl was a good choice (what a sweet big sister to nominate her!), though certainly the older girl who they discussed was also very deserving and I hope she'll be chosen at a later date. I hope Greg never wins. He needs to clean up his attitude before he's worthy of winning anything.

I find the show getting more interesting...or maybe like Survivor, it's only because as we get to "know" the group better we start developing favorites and certain kids to pull for.

-nab

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3255 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 4:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Greg was "robbed" from getting a gold star again

Greg is is own worst enemy. He feels he is entitled to a Gold Star because he tried to wake up the Yellow District and restored the outhouses after the wind storm. The problem is that his actions are not selfless in the furtherance of Bonanza City. He woke up the Yellow District because he was hungry, instead of just going to work on breakfast himself.

This does not excuse Taylor or the Yellow District, but when pushed, Greg lets loose with a verbal rebuttal that he would not have attempted in front of his parents or teachers. Again, he was not thinking about making Bonanza City work but of defending himself by attacking his detractors. I do not know if Morgan would have been more worthy than Mallory, but until Greg starts doing things because they are the right thing to do, I will not be in favor of his being awarded a gold star.

Fuskie
Who notes one topic of controversy over at Morty's was 11yr old Colton facing off with the bull...

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3257 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 5:23 PM
"Greg is is own worst enemy. He feels he is entitled to a Gold Star because he tried to wake up the Yellow District and restored the outhouses after the wind storm. The problem is that his actions are not selfless in the furtherance of Bonanza City. He woke up the Yellow District because he was hungry, instead of just going to work on breakfast himself."

If I were Greg at this point I would stop doing anything. Just stop. An "Atlas Shrugged" kind of thing. Council wants to give gold stars to "nice" kids not strong kids who do the work. The furtherance of the leaders of Bonanza City would be the last thing on my mind, including cooking breakfast for Taylor, one of the council members who did not do her job or big mouth Mike. Speaking of Mike, he can restore outhouses next windstorm. Council is not that wise so let them "deal with" picking up slack if Greg quits doing the hard work.

BTW Fuskie, they seem to have interchangeable hats except for Jared who sticks with his own head gear. What's up with that?

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3258 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 5:38 PM
Greg was "robbed" from getting a gold star again

Greg should have won the gold star last week. The group wanted to eat something more substantial, and he provided a means to that end. It seemed to me that (Mike?) on the council was spiteful in denying Greg that star. Greg needs the money for his college education. Seems the rest of the children may not be in "need." I do not fault Greg for going after the gold star because he needs the money for a college education. I applaud him for his foresight in knowing that he needs an education to earn a good living wage.

Regards,

Levka.

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3259 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 6:26 PM
Greg needs the money for his college education.

I have never believed that someone on a reality show is more deserving than anyone else just because they need money. If Greg said he was going after the star for college money that's all well and good but there are 38 other kids who might use the money if they won exactly the same way.

I understood that the gold star was to be awarded to the person who was the most deserving, not necessarily the one who worked the hardest. Working hard is good...but it should be expected. How else are the kids going to "build a town" if they don't? But just as important is having a good attitude, being well-liked, being kind to others, and being respected by others. Greg is none of those things.

-nab

Author: MaximAvsWife Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3260 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 6:30 PM
>>I do not fault Greg for going after the gold star because he needs the money for a college education. I applaud him for his foresight in knowing that he needs an education to earn a good living wage.<<

Did he actually say he wanted the star for use for college?

Kath
I see him wanting a hot car more

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3262 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 6:36 PM
Who notes one topic of controversy over at Morty's was 11yr old Colton facing off with the bull...

Yikes! What was that about?! I'm VERY surprised the adults in charge of overseeing those kids even allowed that to happen. It's one thing to let grownups behave in a dangerous manner on a reality show but quite another to let a little kid do the same thing.

-nab

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3263 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 8:28 PM
Greg needs the money for his college education.

I have never believed that someone on a reality show is more deserving than anyone else just because they need money. If Greg said he was going after the star for college money that's all well and good but there are 38 other kids who might use the money if they won exactly the same way.

I understood that the gold star was to be awarded to the person who was the most deserving, not necessarily the one who worked the hardest. Working hard is good...but it should be expected. How else are the kids going to "build a town" if they don't? But just as important is having a good attitude, being well-liked, being kind to others, and being respected by others. Greg is none of those things.

-nab

When I'm out in the wilderness, the person supplying the food is most deserving. Reciting Shakespeare or admiring a beauty queen does not help me to survive. Greg is the one who showed them all how to kill a chicken and prepare it for a meal. No one else there could do it. For that alone, he deserves a gold star. I thought it was kind and thoughtful to provide food on the table for the community. I didn't watch the last show, but I understand he took care of the latrines. Another gold star for Greg. Who wants to do such a horrible job?

Regards,

Levka.

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3264 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 8:36 PM
Greg said he wanted money for college after he saw Sophia win. Even if he wanted a hot car, he is willing to work for the money unlike the town council.

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3265 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 8:41 PM
"When I'm out in the wilderness, the person supplying the food is most deserving. Reciting Shakespeare or admiring a beauty queen does not help me to survive. Greg is the one who showed them all how to kill a chicken and prepare it for a meal. No one else there could do it. For that alone, he deserves a gold star. I thought it was kind and thoughtful to provide food on the table for the community. I didn't watch the last show, but I understand he took care of the latrines. Another gold star for Greg. Who wants to do such a horrible job?"

Who wants to do the horrible jobs Greg did for a gold star or any other reason? No one else got up and volunteered, including Mike, Laurel, Taylor or what's his name. Blah on all of them. Typical politicians all full of themselves who reward those who do not confront them and play their game. LOL

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3266 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/5/2007 8:41 PM
<iDid he actually say he wanted the star for use for college?

Kath
I see him wanting a hot car more

That's what I believe I "actually" heard him say. You'll have to watch the episode again to verify the veracity of my previous statement.

Regards,

Levka.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3272 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 12:05 PM
When I'm out in the wilderness, the person supplying the food is most deserving.

The problem is that Greg didn't supply the food. He threw a fit because breakfast wasn't supplied to him. Had Greg taken it upon himself to go ahead and cook breakfast for not only himself but everyone else, then I would have endorsed his earning a gold star.

Fuskie
Who thinks that alone is the difference between someone who does and does not deserve a gold star...

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3273 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 12:24 PM
Recommendations: 3
"When I'm out in the wilderness, the person supplying the food is most deserving."

"The problem is that Greg didn't supply the food. He threw a fit because breakfast wasn't supplied to him. Had Greg taken it upon himself to go ahead and cook breakfast for not only himself but everyone else, then I would have endorsed his earning a gold star.
So even though Greg didn't supply the latrines he made them usable. Even though Greg didn't supply the chickens, he made them edible. Why would Greg do Taylor's job? Wasn't Michael just doing his job?"

What did Mallory do to deserve a gold star? He threw a fit because breakfast wasn't being supplied to him? Are you quite sure of Greg's motive? Or is it because the town council wasn't doing its job - allowing the yellow team to sleep in - so Greg took matters into his own hands to wake them and do their job. I am sure after slaughtering chickens and making chicken soup, Greg is quite capable of fixing breakfast for himself much better than any of the kids on the yellow team. He seems quite self sufficient.

Greg isn't getting a gold star because of Mike - pure and simple. That big-mouth boy politician is jealous because he can never be Greg and he knows it. Greg has rightfully called him out on many occasions and now Greg is paying for it.

From TWOP recap:

"Back in the meeting, Mike tries to veto Greg's nomination by saying that while Greg has improved, he only thinks he's doing it for the Gold Star. Anjay is clearly like, "…And?" But Mike won't let Anjay talk, pointing out Michael's success with the pump and the water-carrying. Which is a much better argument, frankly. And then we get a little footage of Michael pursuing his Aquarian duties and making a saintly little speech about doing the best for his community and not just the "Golden Star." Back in the meeting, Taylor points out, "[Mike] hates Greg!" I think the pageant girl nailed it. Anjay also thinks Mike's full of sh-t. But Laurel is on Mike's side with this one, pointing out Michael's team spirit. Mike latches on to that point, arguing that Michael doesn't say much, but when he does, "he always gets roaring applause." Taylor missteps when she says she hasn't seen Michael do much but fetch water, and even Anjay has to point out that that's pretty important. Try doing dishes without water sometime, Taylor. Scratch that -- try doing dishes at all some time, Taylor. Laurel calls for a simple vote. Anjay and Taylor vote for Greg. Mike votes for Michael, making Laurel a possible swing vote. "Michael," she finally decides. Anjay buries his head in his hands."

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3274 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 12:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
The problem is that Greg didn't supply the food.Fuskie

Greg supplied the food in the sense that no one but he knew how to kill and prepare the chickens for cooking. He worked hard because he had a goal. He is not a happy camper now and sees no reason to go the extra mile for the group. Let the beauty queen and the rest of council get their hands dirty as it's time they did some work.

Regards,

Levka.

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3275 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 1:39 PM
He is not a happy camper now and sees no reason to go the extra mile for the group.

Apply this to a business setting and see how far you'll go in the company and how many raises you'll get.

If one wants to get ahead - in Bonanza City or life - what you do is help out others as you help yourself and do it with a good attitude. The bottom line with Greg is he'll never get a gold star (nor should he) until he behaves properly. He has proved himself to be a bully and a pouter. Instead of just trying to do a good job because that's what everyone should be doing, he's doing it for one reason: the money.

This isn't Survivor. These aren't adults, backstabbing and lying their way into a million dollars. I thought the point of this show was to see if young kids could live harmoniously and work together to survive on their own without adult intervention. I would assume that's what Greg signed up for...what ALL the kids signed up for. But now that Greg's found out he can get a gold star, it's all about that and nothing more.

-nab

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3276 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 2:01 PM
I thought the point of this show was to see if young kids could live harmoniously and work together to survive on their own without adult intervention. I would assume that's what Greg signed up for...what ALL the kids signed up for

Would they still have signed up for this if they weren't going to be on TV?

dsbrady

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3277 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 2:10 PM
Recommendations: 4
"Apply this to a business setting and see how far you'll go in the company and how many raises you'll get."

It depends on the political structure in a business structure - lots of bosses (like Mike) just want butt kissers and that's how you go up in the company. (See Michael's speech to cover Mike's ineptitude.)

"The bottom line with Greg is he'll never get a gold star (nor should he) until he behaves properly."

Greg should get a gold star because they NEED him to set up the latrines, kill the chickens, cook the soup, do the heavy work. They do not NEED his smiling face doing nothing - like the rest of the kids who are pretty much useless in building a city, including but not limited to Mike.

"Instead of just trying to do a good job because that's what everyone should be doing, he's doing it for one reason: the money."

And the problem with that is? As I go to work every day getting up earlier than I want to, I do this to make money - not because I want to please my boss and coworkers. I am pushing myself to do a better job for a raise (money). For the most part, it's all about the money. That's real life.

I still say if Greg just stops working, that town is in a world of hurt, left to the resources and wits of Taylor, Mike, Laurel and Anjay.

But this gold star stuff is all about Mike, a petty politician who got his wires crossed by a much smarter person - Greg. Mike's a weasel even if he is a kid and he will just grow into a bigger weasel with a big mouth and become politician in some podunk town - just for the power trip (and the money).

Mike is jealous of Greg and rightfully so. Mike is a scrawny know-nothing with a big mouth going against a strong guy who actually has talent and skills beyond Mike's.

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3278 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 2:11 PM
"I thought the point of this show was to see if young kids could live harmoniously and work together to survive on their own without adult intervention. I would assume that's what Greg signed up for...what ALL the kids signed up for.."

"Would they still have signed up for this if they weren't going to be on TV?"

And get paid? They do get paid for their time right?

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3279 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 2:30 PM
And get paid? They do get paid for their time right?

As I understand it, with the exception of the gold stars, no.
(and I could be wrong)

The producers initially represented the place as a "camp" and not a tv set.
That was the only way they thought they could get around the child labor laws. (Which are still being reviewed now)
They were filming 24 hours/day. Even when they don't use the footage, if there is hourly compensation, it is based on film time- not screen time.

peace & compensation
t

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3280 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 2:34 PM
As I understand it, with the exception of the gold stars, no.
(and I could be wrong)

I believe every child gets a stipend (something like $2500).

dsbrady

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3281 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 3:08 PM
Would they still have signed up for this if they weren't going to be on TV?

Well yeah, that's pretty much a given. ;)

Reality shows could not exist without media whores, be they young, old, or children's parents.

-nab

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3282 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 3:23 PM
Look, I'm not saying the kids you keep mentioning over and over again are more deserving! Taylor, Mike...they shouldn't get gold stars either! There are 39 kids there. A few of them get lots of screen time and a few of them we don't even know who they are. Within that population are the "normal" kids...we just don't get to see much of them.

Greg is not the only kid who could set up a latrine. Yes, he said he'd do it (with help), but if he wanted to take a dump somewhere in the near future, it pretty much had to be done, right? He was doing it as much for himself as for anybody else. And if he hadn't agreed to kill the chickens ("I've butchered this, I've butchered that!"), well then, the group would have two more chickens laying eggs and they'd all be better off for it.

They do not NEED his smiling face doing nothing - like the rest of the kids who are pretty much useless in building a city,

That's a broad statement, and untrue. I think from the little we've seen so far we have a bunch of kids stepping up.

For the most part, it's all about the money

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of those kids thought they were going to be rewarded with financial compensation. The gold star was a surprise. Something unexpected. A GIFT. Not something that any one kid should EXPECT to be given. You work hard and get along with others and maybe you'll get one. Maybe you won't get one this week but you'll get one next time. Greg seems too stupid to me to realize that simple equation. Instead he seems hellbent on antagonizing everyone else until they just give it to him to shut him up.

Now, you may be right about Mike but again, I don't think he's some wizard pulling the strings of the rest of the council. He's one vote. And remember, the rest of the pioneers have power if they don't like the way things are going...they can dethrone him. Maybe they will. And I hope they take Taylor along when it happens and replace them both with some of the other kids who might do a much better job.

-nab

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3283 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 3:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of those kids thought they were going to be rewarded with financial compensation. The gold star was a surprise. Something unexpected. A GIFT.

I am curious as to how this would have played out had they just been told each week someone would get a gold star, but not been told the actual dollar value of that star.
I think to children, $20k sounds like WAY more money than it is.
Maybe the 14-15yr olds have a better idea, but I think to an 8-10 year old, that it sounds like retirement money...

peace & stars
t

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3284 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 4:01 PM
"Greg is not the only kid who could set up a latrine. Yes, he said he'd do it (with help), but if he wanted to take a dump somewhere in the near future, it pretty much had to be done, right? He was doing it as much for himself as for anybody else. And if he hadn't agreed to kill the chickens ("I've butchered this, I've butchered that!"), well then, the group would have two more chickens laying eggs and they'd all be better off for it."

Greg is doing it for the incentive of money (gold star). My work offered a bonus for working this weekend. I gave up my weekend for money. Am I a bad person?

As far as butchering chickens, I think it was put to a vote wasn't it? It wasn't Greg's idea but when it came down to the chickens were going to need to be butchered Greg stepped up for the reward.

From sheer strength, they do need Greg. Those little kids are not capable of doing the things he has done.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of those kids thought they were going to be rewarded with financial compensation. The gold star was a surprise. Something unexpected. A GIFT. Not something that any one kid should EXPECT to be given. You work hard and get along with others and maybe you'll get one."

And now that there is this GIFT, Greg is working harder and that benefits the whole group. Just as when I was offered a bonus to work this weekend, it benefited the whole group - from those who did not want to work on the weekend to the people on top who needed the work done.

"Now, you may be right about Mike but again, I don't think he's some wizard pulling the strings of the rest of the council. He's one vote."

Now that you mention it, Anjay and Taylor wanted to give the gold star to Greg and the other two voted for Michael. Does Mike have the controlling vote or did he pull strings?

I still think this whole thing gold star thing is about Mike's bruised ego and it's not about Greg being unpleasant. And no matter what, if I was in charge and didn't want to set up latrines, butcher chickens or do a lot of heavy lifting, I would give Greg the gold star with the promise of another if he just kept working so I didn't have to work so hard - which I think only Taylor gets because she always votes to give Greg the gold star.

I guess we can agree to disagree on Greg at this point. I relate more to him than any of the other kids at this point - well maybe I can see where Taylor is coming from too - after all girls just want to have fun and the rest can deal with it ;)

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3285 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/8/2007 6:33 PM
He is not a happy camper now and sees no reason to go the extra mile for the group.

Apply this to a business setting and see how far you'll go in the company and how many raises you'll get.

If a business ignores a workers' good efforts, this is the exact result it will get from its workers. Have you entered a Circuit City store? The customer service is deplorable.

Regards,

Levka.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3290 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/12/2007 10:59 AM

That was crazy as hell. I laughed my arse off at that kid. You could tell that nothing was going to happen to him due to the lack of "mood" music that the editors would have put in otherwise.

I just remember laughing and saying out loud, "That is one crazy efing kid."

Author: MsUnderstanding Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3291 of 3734
Subject: Re: KN #3 - Deal with It Date: 10/12/2007 11:22 AM
I love Colton. He's one tough cowboy kid. He tackled those sheep in the showdown and won upper class for yellow team.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/bios/colton/

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement