Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: snowflakeyes Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127  
Subject: Knot stock Date: 1/10/2007 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've recently invested in Knot stock. I do think they are an up and coming business. I'll be in it for the long haul. I wish I had bought when it was at $8.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: celticspirit One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 1/24/2007 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Come on, seriously, look at its p/e. It reminds me of the dotcom bubble days. It can't be that good, can it?

Author: ginvstr Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 1/29/2007 8:57 PM
You must look at it from a new product point of view. I think some of the bigger internet giants such as Yahoo and Google will take notice if it keeps at this pace. ANyone have any estimates if bought out by one of those companies??

Author: LittleLulubelle Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 1/30/2007 8:29 PM
Rumor has it that the Knot is spliting off some of their Nest features around Pregnancy, Fertility and Parenting into a new site that will rival babycenter.com and other similar sites. This would create competition in an ever growing space and probably significantly increase their user base.

Author: BodarkWormfarm Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 105 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 2/10/2007 12:09 PM
Knot has been trading lately in a tight range above 30. If, on high volume, it breaks higher, buy more. If, on high volume, lower, sell it till it after its correction. But don't buy on PE only. The best stocks, even with high PE's, still go lots higher, because people want them.

Author: celticspirit One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 2/13/2007 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
But don't buy on PE only. The best stocks, even with high PE's, still go lots higher, because people want them.

But most of them come crashing down eventually because they can't meet expectations. If you get out beforehand, great but it is too much risk for me. There will be a lot of people licking wounds and feeling pretty sad today.

Author: stone9 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 109 of 127
Subject: Re: Knot stock Date: 5/9/2007 12:50 PM
I agree, just look at Ctrip (CTRP) and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG). Both have high PEs but have performed well. Be forewarned though, that stocks with high PE's tend to get nailed at earnings times if they miss earnings or give not so bright forecasts. Which is why they shouldn't give forecasts!

I don't think a PE of 29 is so bad for a stock like this. You could even call it cheap, considering it's growth rate. If you take Jim Cramer's advice, he's willing to pay up to 2X the growth rate for a company... after that, it's too expensive.

So if ACME's earnings are expanding at 20% a year, then he is willing to pay a price that is at or below a PE of 40... He came up with this because that's what he believes hedge fund managers and mutual fund managers involved in the growth game are willing to pay. Use at your own risk! There are days I like Cramer, then there are days I think he's completely lost it. I personally hate it when he bad mouths www.Fool.com, that's just not acceptable.

- Stone9

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement