UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967488  
Subject: Know what's funny Date: 12/31/2012 2:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 69
I here all the time about the pathetic lot of the upper 2% having to pay more taxes.

Yet when I was carrying those boy's rifle in Vietnam, I scarcely heard a word of protest about the ability of the same people, indeed, almost all the upper middle class' ability, to buy their way out of combat and sacrifice for their country. (I so much enjoy the bellicosity of chicken hawks. Cheney is a nutless wonder)

So I have an idea. As a rider to the tax increase. If the person who's taxes are being increased agrees to five tours in Afghanistan, we'll waive the increase.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849986 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 12/31/2012 3:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
So I have an idea. As a rider to the tax increase. If the person who's taxes are being increased agrees to five tours in Afghanistan, we'll waive the increase.

Of course, you realize a "tour" will be defined as having every second NOT be on the VIP floor of the Kabul Hilton--with the time starting from when the person leaves home ("portal to portal"). They get to the end of their driveway and their "five tours" is already over.... And then they will *demand* full GI benefits, of course, because they did "five tours".

Their benefits would start with a full colonoscopy every day--which they would perform on each other. That saves a lot of time and money. They know what they are looking for, after all....

Author: Anibaldo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850108 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 4:21 AM
Recommendations: 0
combat and sacrifice for their country

So you claim the war of aggression against the Vietnamese people was justified???

Abe

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850110 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 7:08 AM
Know what's funny
=================

Just about every post you make. Hilarious!

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850143 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 12:30 PM
"Yet when I was carrying those boy's rifle in Vietnam, I scarcely heard a word of protest about the ability of the same people, indeed, almost all the upper middle class' ability, to buy their way out of combat and sacrifice for their country. "

You did mean to include Bill Clinton? Who went off to England to study on a 'student deferment' like hundreds of thousands of others who were in college at the same tiem?

Of course you mean that liberal democrat Bill Clinton. Who else couild you have meant? AFter all, he was a draft evading president of the USA>

t.

Author: flightdoc101 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850173 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 2:04 PM
Recommendations: 64
Asking our troops to risk life and limb is not too much sacrafice but god forbid we ask another 2% of your income.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850216 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 5:37 PM
Asking our troops to risk life and limb is not too much sacrafice but god forbid we ask another 2% of your income.

Ahh! But the troops volunteered! I'm sure the other poster would have no problem with people who volunteer to pay 2% more in taxes. Otherwise it's theft, I tell you!!

</sarcasm>

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850217 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/1/2013 5:42 PM
Recommendations: 0

Ahh! But the troops volunteered! I'm sure the other poster would have no problem with people who volunteer to pay 2% more in taxes. Otherwise it's theft, I tell you!!

</sarcasm>

I am sure you can show me the proposal for everyone to pay 2 percent more in tax that you claim to support and you seem to be giving to your heroes.

Otherwise, well this is just more garbage. That, of course, would be a shocker-LOL.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850411 of 1967488
Subject: Re: Know what's funny Date: 1/2/2013 12:50 PM
So you claim the war of aggression against the Vietnamese people was justified???

And you're saying the rich stayed out of it on moral grounds.

Get a life.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement