UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Answer Team Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 142910  
Subject: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/21/2013 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/business/media/koch-brothe...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117844 of 142910
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/21/2013 11:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If that happens, those newspapers will immediately be regarded as right-wing fringe newspapers not worthy of attention...

... even before there are any changes in staffing or policy.

Author: msullyo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117890 of 142910
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 10:52 AM
Recommendations: 0
Gee Katinga, I wish they would buy the Minneapolis, MN Star Tribune too. It is such an ultra liberal company. Their cartoonist mocks Republicans over and over and over.
That is why I cancelled my subscription:)
Sully

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117893 of 142910
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 10:57 AM
Gee Katinga, I wish they would buy the Minneapolis, MN Star Tribune too. It is such an ultra liberal company. Their cartoonist mocks Republicans over and over and over.

It really makes a lot of sense for Conservatives to buy media outlets.

The opportunity to serve a niche market that has roughly half the population as its' consumers seems like a natural. I am guessing even in a bad market, making money in the news business and print in general is a sure winner for a conservative company.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117903 of 142910
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 12:48 PM
"If that happens, those newspapers will immediately be regarded as right-wing fringe newspapers not worthy of attention...

... even before there are any changes in staffing or policy.
"

News print is a dying business. The brothers will most likely rip them down to their parts, & create a single frozen waffle manufacturing company, or similar... something that actually makes a net positive contribution to society.

~aj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement