UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134035  
Subject: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/21/2013 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/business/media/koch-brothe...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117844 of 134035
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/21/2013 11:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If that happens, those newspapers will immediately be regarded as right-wing fringe newspapers not worthy of attention...

... even before there are any changes in staffing or policy.

Author: msullyo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117890 of 134035
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 10:52 AM
Recommendations: 0
Gee Katinga, I wish they would buy the Minneapolis, MN Star Tribune too. It is such an ultra liberal company. Their cartoonist mocks Republicans over and over and over.
That is why I cancelled my subscription:)
Sully

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117893 of 134035
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 10:57 AM
Gee Katinga, I wish they would buy the Minneapolis, MN Star Tribune too. It is such an ultra liberal company. Their cartoonist mocks Republicans over and over and over.

It really makes a lot of sense for Conservatives to buy media outlets.

The opportunity to serve a niche market that has roughly half the population as its' consumers seems like a natural. I am guessing even in a bad market, making money in the news business and print in general is a sure winner for a conservative company.

Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117903 of 134035
Subject: Re: Koch bros to buy Tribune? Date: 4/22/2013 12:48 PM
"If that happens, those newspapers will immediately be regarded as right-wing fringe newspapers not worthy of attention...

... even before there are any changes in staffing or policy.
"

News print is a dying business. The brothers will most likely rip them down to their parts, & create a single frozen waffle manufacturing company, or similar... something that actually makes a net positive contribution to society.

~aj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement