No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.9news.com/money/291970/344/Kodak-plans-to-end-con...

Looks as if their efforts to capture share with more costly printers and lower cost ink is proving too costly for the company trying to exit bankruptcy.

Users will want to know if ink cartridges will still be available.

Lexmark announced a recent exit from inkjet printers. They say tablet users (like iPad) do less printing. Hence demand is falling.

This puts extra pressure on HP who seems to be taking in on the chin in its major PC dependent markets.

Survivors have been trying to push the numbers by raising prices on ink cartridges and reducing their page counts, but it looks like that strategy is encountering customer resistance.

After a Lexmark seemed to need cartridges every month, I switched to a Brother laser printer. No color, but works fine for my needs. (The Lexmark sits in the corner unplugged, but with new cartridges ready to install if I ever need color.)

Buyers need to be careful. It looks like the industry is destined to consolidate. Who will survive?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement